Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Teething???

My 3 month old the past few days has been drooling like crazy chewing on everything. Along with fussiness and sweating. Could he be teething already??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teething???

• Yes he could be but that doesn't mean you'll see any teeth any time soon.  It can take a looong time for teeth to work themselves out and some kids are more sensitive to it than others.  But it also could be nothing beyond regular infant drooling and chewing.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• This is too funny. Not an hour ago my mom and I were having the same conversation about my 6.5 week old. He's been drooling all day, getting hot easily not sleeping and very fussy. I didn't think it was possible but I Googled it like a responsible parent ha ha. And sure enough it said its not the norm but not uncommon. So I'm very curious to see what other moms have to say.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageelmoali:
    Yes he could be but that doesn't mean you'll see any teeth any time soon.  It can take a looong time for teeth to work themselves out and some kids are more sensitive to it than others.  But it also could be nothing beyond regular infant drooling and chewing.

Yup, this.  I swore that DD1 was teething early and she didn't get any for a loooong time.

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The process begins awhile before you actually see teeth. It's pretty rare for children to get teeth before 6 months, but it can happen. Babies learn through their mouth, so they tend to chew on a LOT whether they are teething or not. So, your LO could be starting the process, or could just be acting like a normal baby. If you see a slight fever along with chewing and fussiness, and in the next couple of days or weeks feel a slight bump on their gums, it might be the tooth pushing in and out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • My daughter got 4 teeth at 4 months so it's definitely possible. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my girl  start drolinng 2 months my sister in law told me she could be teething soo could be true.
  • mine doing same thing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"