April 2013 Moms

Hurry up Eddie

I am 38 weeks my baby is the size of a pumpkin. (not the pumpkins I carve, usually can't lift them.) I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I know she is going to bring up getting induced because she did last week. She thinks I should get induced because the baby is probably about eight and a half pounds now. My first was nine nine so I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think I need to be induced because I am not even overdue yet. Although I have been in a lot of pain for a long time with this pregnancy and its tempting to say yes I really would just like him to arrive when he feels like it. With my first pregnancy labor started at 5am and he was born before 2pm. Nobody in my family has a labor process under 12 hours when they get induced so I don't see why I would be any different than the people I share blood with. It seems like things will go faster if I just wait. My fiance/childrens father thinks I should just wait also because he knows that our new hospital is apparently not comfortable with big babies being delivered vaginally but they just need to deal with it. I still go back and forth in my head about doing it or not. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Hurry up Eddie