February 2013 Moms

my baby hasn't pooped in almost 24 hrs, should I be worried?

is that normal? she usually has a large poop once a day but today she hasn't pooped at all yet!

Re: my baby hasn't pooped in almost 24 hrs, should I be worried?

• BF: If you BF then it can be normal for them to poop every time you nurse or for them to not poop for up to 2 weeks because their body processes the food so efficiently.

FF: If you FF, it's perfectly normal for them to go 2-3 days without even if

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• image kelly321:

BF: If you BF then it can be normal for them to poop every time you nurse or for them to not poop for up to 2 week

DS1 - 8/07           DD2 - 2/13           DD1 - 3/11          DS2 - 1/09 

• Yup. DD went a week.
                  imageimage
    Homebirthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, young mama to two beautiful babies
    and married to my best friend in the world.
    imageimage
  • image +adamwife+:
    image kelly321:<

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

• I was concerned of the same thing, it had been over 24 hours since she pooped when normally she will poop a little with every feeding. Then the poopsplosion happened lol! So yes, perfectly normal, but beware for a large poop when it does happen!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married the love of my life July 2010! TTC since Dec 2011.
    BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker