April 2013 Moms

Constant contraction?

For the past week I've noticed that when I go out for a walk I feel a consistent tightness that does not fade or relax like a normal BH.  Yesterday I went for an hour and a half long walk and for about 30-40 minutes my whole belly felt incredibly tight and near the end I was starting to find it hard to breath and had to stop walking.  I'm staying very hydrated, so I guess I'm wondering if this is common or if any of you other moms have experienced something similar.  I'm thinking that if it happens again on today's walk I'm going to go in to L/D just because I'm concerned about the potential stress it's causing my LO. 
When I looked it up online it said it could be caused by anything ranging from low amniotic fluid to an "irritable uterus".  Any thoughts?  TIA.

Re: Constant contraction?

• I find that when I'm standing up it's harder to tell the difference between an all-baby hard belly and a braxton hicks contraction.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get that too, plus pelvic pressure. I asked my dr about it and she said its normal, all part of your body prepping for labor. There is one big difference though, I get it any time I am standing up at all and after 10 mins or less I am ready to pass out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting this.  I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm staying hydrated but lately standing or even sitting I get intense tightening, which mildly hurts because LO likes to push against it.  I look forward to seeing what answers
  • I have that, too. Not so much when I'm moving/working out, but afterward. It feels like period cramps and goes away after 20-30 minutes. I wouldn't call it BH or a real contraction, because it doesn't have a start and stop time (unless I'm some kind of

• I get that too, especially if I am walking "pregnancy fast" (normal person moderate speed) or in a rush.  It is so uncomfortable!  I got it on the walk from my OB appointment to my car the other day, and it was awful trying to drive with my whol

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I actually get that a lot too when I'm walking for an extended period of time (more than 5 minutes).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I'm sorry to hear you're all uncomfortable too (!) but it's comforting knowing I'm not the only one.  If I can get more info about this I'll be sure to post it :)
  • I get this too...more so in the afternoon/evening, and on my 1/2 hour morning walks at work. I asked my doc and he said it's normal, but to not push it when it happens. It always goes away when I take a seat and drink some water. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"