March 2013 Moms

Newborn Sweat?

Hey everyone,

Last night I woke up to check in on LO, and his back was covered in sweat! It has dampened the blanket also. I picked him up and felt him, and he did not seem overly warm to me - in fact he seemed a little cold. I took his temp under his arm and it was 96.2. (I was always told to add a degree when taking underarm temp- so 97.2)

I put him in dry clothes and lightly swaddled him.  I retook his temp after cuddling for half hour and the temp rose to 96.6. Then I put him back to bed.

I checked in on him again, and he had sweat on his back. I don't think he is overheating? 

Anyone else have experience with this?  

BabyFruit Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Newborn Sweat?

• Did you maybe have a diaper pee leak? 
    Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine was doing the same thing. I read that it's just a matter of them learning to regulate their temperature. I started putting him in cooler clothes and not putting blankets on him. He doesn't like to be swaddled anyway. He's done much better since t
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to say pee leak.  My boy leaks up around the top of his leg, which runs down his back when he sleeps.  Has happened a couple of times.
    CageyMack

36, married to my favorite person in the world, DW!

One darling surfer-girl (10) and one darling, sweet boy born 3.16.13.

Currently TTC #3

IUI # 1, 2, and 3: all monitored, inject., and trigger = BFN

IUI #4: 1 slow follicle, Gonal F, waiting for trigger = BFN

Moving to IVF in Jan May.  Sheesh.  

Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14.  Tentative egg retrieval 5/1.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Yep, I'm going with pee leak too. My little boy does it all the time and I wondered if it was sweat at first too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My lo does the same thing. He has a tendency to be active in his crib, moving his arms and kegs around a lot which I attribute to his sweating. I asked the pediatrician and she said that if he has a fever, does it constantly, or sweats while he eats then
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My little girl sweats like crazy in her sleep. I've also checked her temp a time or two and have a room thermometer in her nursery also. Doc says its normal and eventually her brain will learn to regulate its temp. Until then just make sure you're not ove