3rd Trimester

couple questions about bottles

i assume they should all be washed when taking them out of  box? Also was told by one person to buy a sterilizer for the microwave but then someone told me dont do that caause babies need some exposure to germs to build up their immune system. Lastly I was also told to not warm bottles of formula just do room temp? FTM and so confused with all the different advice!!

Re: couple questions about bottles

• jlpevjlpev member
    I didn't sterilize the bottles every time but every couple times yes I did sterilize. I warmed breastmilk up to about room temp. But formula I just always did room temp.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I sterilized bottles by boiling them before the first use and then ran though the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle after that. Both my kids took pumped bm straight from the fridge.
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely wash and sterilize in a pot of boiling water before first use.  After that you don't need to do it every time but I did if he had been sick.  Otherwise, the minute you take them out of the water and expose them to your air, counter

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• skioskio member
    Yes, sterilize out of the box either by boiling or whatever's suggested on the box.

A sterilizer is a waste of money. Just hand wash or throw them in the dishwasher. Boil on occasion.

I know nothing about formula but I would th
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I would run them through the dishwasher before using them. This is the only sterilization we ever did. We either hand washed them in hoat soapy water or in the dishwasher after each use. Bottle sterilizers seem kind of gimmicky to me.

It will cer

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• We dont have a dishwasher but i didnt even think about boiling them. As for warming them for feeding maybe will try not and see how it goes. It is way more convenient especially at nite and when out. Guess i will just learn as i go what works and what doe
  • Oh I like this. Didn't even think to start off with room temp bottles to see if they will take that. Will be wonderful and safe time if LO likes it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"