Natural Birth

Raspberry Leaf Tea

Has anyone drank raspberry leaf tea in their third trimester?  I have been told to do it if I am going "au naturale," which I intend to do, God willing... What exactly does it do?  The only thing I have heard is that it makes your muscles stronger.  Which in turn does what? Make pushing and contractions more effective and productive?

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Raspberry Leaf Tea

• I drank it my entire third tri. I would make a big pitcher and keep it in the fridge like sweet tea. My uterus shrank down very quickly post delivery, other than that I dont know if it did anything.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm a FTM, so I'm not sure if it's doing anything yet.  But, I've been drinking 2 cups/day in 2nd tri and am upping to 3+ cups as I get into 3rd tri.  It is supposed to strengthen and tone the uterus - making contractions more effective and l

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say drink it if you want to, but don't push yourself if you hate it. My MWs strongly encouraged it in third tri and I drank the strong brew religiously. I had a 45 hour labor with several stalls, pushed for 4 hours, had a postpartum hemmorage, and am lo

• I figure every little thing can help, so I've been drinking it since 20 weeks.  I actually really like the taste.  I mix a bit of lemon and agave in with it and sip it through the morning.  Starting in the third tri I'll move to two cups a

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP November 2013 | Barrett "Bear" Born July 15th, 2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Are the RRL capsules as effective as the tea? I'm not much of a tea fan.  Anyone take the capsules? If so, how much/often? 

• I drank it with dd, and as a ftm I had a relatively easy labor. I only pushed for 20 minutes and my uterus had no problems shrinking afterward. I don't know how much was just my body and how much was the tea, but I figure it can't hurt. This time my midwi
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FTM here but I try to drink it at least once a day. Pretty soon I am going to start making a pitcher of it every morning for iced tea.

If you want a lot of information there is a HUGE thread about RRL on mothering.

http://www.motheri

photo ttgl_zps49ec0de7.jpg
  • image Cgoode517:
    Are the RRL capsules as effective as the tea? I'm not much of a tea fan. nbsp;Anyone take the capsules? If so, how much/