2nd Trimester

Work issues...

I am expecting again after a m/c in October. I have an employee that suffered the same in Oct and again recently. In the last 2 months she has lost almost all willingness to work and refuses to listen when I offer ideas on what she can do to become more productive. She spends her days online or using her cell phone when its forbidden in our work environment. I have been there and have also been super supportive giving her all the time off she needs for doctors appts and a week off after each m/c. With her production and helpfulness reaching almost non-exisitent but me still caring about her as a person, I am just wondering when enough is enough? I cannot continue to keep an employee who clearly does not want to be here when she is here. I also don't want to be insensitive to what she is going though. How long do you think I should wait to have the hard conversation with her? Granted this just happened again a week ago but the production was not there before all of this happened...

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Work issues...

• How long would you need? My productivity went down a lot for a couple of months after we lost Aidan.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagedani_brewer:
    That's really tough... while she is going through something absolutely horrendous, you still have to worry about
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    How long would you need? My productivity went down a lot for a couple of months after we lost Aidan.
    </B
  • imageekoenig4:

imagedani_brew
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageAdrd47:
    If your company offers it, have you suggested she take a leave of disability absence. Or, not even suggest it, but kin
  • I agree with PPs.  I would talk with her and let her know how sad you are about her losses, and how concerned you are about her.  Let her know you're worried because she seems very distracted at work, and refer her to whatever resources you h

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you set out clear goals and ways to improve then that's all you're responible for as a manager. You have a clear view of how to separate your personal/professional life and she needs to learn the same. She is not sitting on her cell phone all day beca
  • One of the people in my office gets sent home on mental leave, when he needs to speak to a doctor in order to come back... his is stress based. 

I would say start to give verbal warnings about the phone, if you are her superior.

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I sincerely appreciate all of your thoughtful responses. It helps me to feel that I am thinking in the right frame of mind. I am known in my company for being kind of strict and I have a lot of top producers that work for me because of my expectations

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"