2nd Trimester

Gender disappontment?

I just haad my ultrasound today and my boyfriend and I had our heart set on a girl, already purchased alot of girl stuff, had a named picked out for her and everything, but it turns out it was a boy. Is it wrong of me to be disappointed and very very upset? Is anyone else going through this? I feel terrible that I can't stop crying over the gender.

Re: Gender disappontment?

• MUD.

Shocked & unreal are normal reactions to finding out the gender. Wanting one sex more than the other, sure. But being so upset over your baby's anatomy that you can't stop crying is ridiculous. Get some perspective. You have a healthy ba

• MUD.

Why would you buy gender specific anything before knowing the sex?? Dumb. Get over it, be grateful you have a healthy baby in there! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageELauren88:

MUD.

Why would you buy gender specific anything before knowing the sex?? Dumb. Get over it, be grateful you h

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imagepaigenicole23:

MUD.

Shocked & unreal are normal reactions to finding out the gender. Wanting one sex more than the o

• Welp......Hope you kept the receipts.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well, it is a little worrisome that you are that disappointed over something you know very well has a fifty/fifty outcome. You set yourself up for this one, sweety. It's better to keep an open mind. Be thankful, as the other posters said, there are much w
  • *YAWN*

Boring. Move along.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDeedsJag:
    Jesus Christ you guys. Gender disappointment is extremely common. Is having bought some gender specific stuff alread

• imageDeedsJag:
    Jesus Christ you guys. Gender disappointment is extremely common. Is having bought some gender specific stuff alread
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageLoppy19:
    Terrible MUD. And the u/s shows the baby's sex, not its gender. Double fail.

exactly. Gender

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You're an idiot.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Do you even realize that I am dealing with the possibility that my baby may have Trisomy 18 after already gone through 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy? THAT is something to be crying over, but instead I am taking it one day at a time, because there i
  • Why would you buy anything gender related because you hoped it would be a girl??

Makes no sense.

All babies are a blessing.

• well aren't you a dumba$$ for buying it already.

I'll take him

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageBabySuz:
    Do you even realize that I am dealing with the possibility that my baby may have Trisomy 18 after already gone throug
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Lame attempt at MUD. Try harder next time OP!

Also since you already bought girl stuff and I'm sure you threw away the receipts since you were so "sure" and all, I'd be more than happy to take those clothes off your hands for you :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageELauren88:

MUD.

Why would you buy gender specific anything before knowing the sex?? Dumb. Get over it, be grateful you h

• imageELauren88:

MUD.

• Ugh this has been done already and this is really lame. On the off chance that this isn't MUD but I am sure it is because OP has not come back yet, you are a selfish twatwaffle and you really need to get over it return the ish and be happy you have a heal
    imageimageimageimage

• DH & I were really hoping for a boy (FTM, wanted big bro-little sis combo) but we found out on Saturday that we are being blessed with a precious little girl. No disappointment, just pure joy! We couldn't be happier!

Something

• Um, no.

No one in their right mind picks out stuff for one gender before finding out what it is. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• You are being ridiculous.  Find a different topic to annoy everyone with.  This one's been done to death.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGoyaBean913:
    Welp......Hope you kept the receipts.

This!

Also, terrible terrible MUD.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imageDeedsJag:
  • imageKPatrick24:

Something to think about... there are countless people in the world that are unable to have ch

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagelindsey61811:
    You're an idiot.

hahahahah 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageDeedsJag:
    Jesus Christ you guys. Gender disappointment is extremely common. Is having bought some gender specific stuff already a l
  • imageTiefling:
    imageDeedsJag:

• imageTiefling:
    imageDeedsJag:

• MUD MUD MUD!!!

This post made me mad on so many levels...sit back - take a breath and be grateful your baby is healthy....

• imagencchnat:

imageTiefling:<
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Your SN and your attitude do not jive.  I understand having a bit of a bias, but when you get pregnant, you need to know that you are throwing all control to the wind.  You don't call the shots now, the zygote-->embryo-->fetus-->baby

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One post and you chose this topic. Genius. Good luck when you're not really crying wolf with made up drama, incase you don't know what MUD means, because you are new... and its a serious issue you need help with. Hard to take someone who's devastated ov
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A fleeting moment of disappointment? I can understand that. However, I do think its ridiculous to be so upset that you can't stop crying over it. I've had more than one fellow July mama get upsetting news that their baby's condition was terminal at the

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageTiefling:
    Id be willing to bet that pretty much every one of the chicks pulling the "Some ppl have it so much worse," card wou

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Where you guys told it was a girl or just going off of what you would prefer.? If you were told a girl and then told a boy Id be upset but If you just wished it and it didnt come true then brace yourself cause Im starting to find out pregnancy has so m

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"