July 2012 Moms

Let's talk Life Insurance

I feel like a horrible parent because we don't have this set up for a just in case scenario on DH and I. What companies are you ladies using that you feel are reliable and don't have those special clauses giving them an out in almost every situation?

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk Life Insurance

• We use Prudential and we've been happy with them. DH is in very good shape and got a very good deal on it because he's so healthy. We only have insurance for him though - if I died, his family is wealthy and he would be fine. If he died...well, my ILs mig

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have USAA (my Dad is ret. Marine).  They're very easy to work with!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the suggestions, it's so hard to know what companies one can trust nowadays. I'll look into these.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• imageThePinkSuperhero:
    We have USAA my Dad is ret. Marine.nbsp; They're very easy to work with!

Do you k
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • how does this work?  do you comparison shop?  how do you know what plan/ company to choose?

we haven't set it up yet and I am really scared its going to be expensive now that I have the early stage glaucoma diagnosis :(

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• thanks girls, I thought about that too, that glaucoma has nothing to do with early death, but I don't know how these companies work.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• We have state farm.  We pay around $20 a month each for 25,000 whole life policies.  They were very easy, just quick swabs of the mouth.  We also have all of our other insurances with them though so we get a multi-line discount.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebreezyblueyez:
    imageTheP
  • just offering another piece of advice...may want to check with your car insurance company as most offer life insurance and can be used as a multi-line discount to get cheaper rates.  I have State Farm and my life insurance premium is $11 a month, but
  • imagelilsquirt75:
    just offering another piece of advice...may want to check with your car insurance company as most offer life insu

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"