Babies: 6 - 9 Months

XP: formula mamas

XPing across multiple age groups for response variety.

Ladies who EFF - what are your thoughts on Target brand and Walmart brand formula? They are significantly less expensive, and one or two people have told me that they are just as good as similac or enfamil. What has your experience been? I am trying to get a realistic concept of budgeting. Thanks for your help!

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

Re: XP: formula mamas

• I think it depends on the baby.

DS1 went from breast feeding until 6 month to similac sensitive. He had a sensitive tummy and didn't do well with generic.

DS2 was breast fed for a few months then to regular similac and then the

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO had horrible gas pains at first on Enfamil.  We switched over to Similac Sensitive because we had a free sample.  Due to his sensitivity in that area I chose to just pay the higher price as I hate to see LO in such pain.  Don't fix what

imageimage 

• Loading the player...
  • I have only tried Walmart's brand (Parent's Choice) since we don't have a Target. 

We bought the Gentle kind of Parent's Choice. It was okay, but it smelled a lot worse than the Gerber Soothe to me. My husband thought it smelled better. I th

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • W did not do well with PC as a newborn. We tried it at 2 months and it made him very fussy so we stuck with the Similac. But the PC is such a better deal, so we tried again at 5.5 months and he was perfectly fine with it. Now we use it all the time with n
  • We've had no problems with the target brand of similac sensitive.
  • We did a lot of brand switching the first 2 months. DD had reflux (not severe) so we were trying different kinds and brands to see what worked for her. We ended up using Similac Sensitive for a while then switched to Gerber Gentle, but now we are usi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • We use the target brand of the soy formula. It took a while to ease him on to it, but it doesn't seem any different then the simulac that he was on before. Same smell and everything.

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks everyone!!

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• DS has been a soy baby since week 2 and we fed exclusively Enfamil Prosobee until last week when I tried the Walmart Brand - we have seen no difference in gas, spit up, amounts etc. I have however cut the cost of feeding in half ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"