Toddlers: 24 Months+

Two year old sleep regression - how to deal

My two year old is going through the typical sleep regression at this age. It went from staying up playing for hours never napping or taking forever to fall asleep to screaming bloody murder when we put her to bed and leave her room. Add getting her I teeth, a brief cold, and taking away the Binky and bottle a couple months ago; I'm going crazy! I try very hard to space out changes, comfort her but not start bad habits, etc. but I find I'm overwhelmed with this and second guessing myself on every decision I make. I just want to know how to deal with this best. 

What did you do if your two year old went through this? We have been going in after she screams or cries for a bit and just laying her back down and telling her it's time to go to sleep. We do it three to four times until she stops every night. I try to not lay by her or bring her water or milk. What else can I do? Will this become a bad habit of itself? She'll never settle down until we've gone in three more times? Ugh. Help. It already feels like the new normal and I'm very discouraged waiting for this "regression" to pass. Am I doing the right thing? Will it really pass? I don't feel comfortable ignoring her completely.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Two year old sleep regression - how to deal

• We just dealt. We rocked with DD to try to help her to fall sleep and brought her into our bed when rocking didn't get her down. I think it lasted for the better part of two months but one day it just stopped and sleep was no longer a fight. 

<
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBelhurstBride:

We just dealt. We rocked with DD to try to help her to fall sleep and brought her into our bed when rocking did

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just went through the same thing - dd was napping for two hours each day and sleeping for 12 hours at night peacefully - until she hit 2.  Then she started balking at naps.  Then we took the binky away and the sh*t hit the fan.  She
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"