New Jersey Babies
Options

St. Peters- New Brunswick-Food is Awful

just an FYI any of you going to St. Peter's in NB

The food is AWFUL.....have people bring you food in and pack snacks for your self in your bag....trust me.

Other then that they are very sweet most amazing nurses, I loved them all :)

Re: St. Peters- New Brunswick-Food is Awful

• Options
    Yeah sooo true :D.... But other that everything was superb ... Going there this time too
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

That sucks :(  I'm delivering here in June (FTM).  I heard the rooms are really nice, though - hopefully that'll make up for the food?!

Any other advice for delivering at St. Peters? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejefk:

That sucks :(  I'm delivering here in June (FTM).  I heard the rooms are really nice, though - hopefully that'

• Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'll be delivering there in the next few weeks. :) Can you tell me if there is wifi in the recovery rooms?
  • Options
    Im also delivering there in June!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I totally agree with that!!! They do have a great restaurant in the hospital that we ate a lot at when LO was in nicu.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes. They do have wifi. The rooms are great and big. Everyone I dealt with was great nurses were amazing. I was very nervous delivering early and they helped my husband and I get through the nerves. My LO was in great hands. St. Peter's is a wonderful hospital except the food.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There are also a ton of great restaurants in the area.  I was at RWJ where the food was actually good, but DH went out and brought in falafel, sandwiches and ice cream from Thomas Sweet's.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOL to all, I actually work there and will be delivering my 3rd there. Food is awful, that's why I always pack lunch. There is free WiFi throughout the hospital. All the nurses are wonderful and friendly. Rooms are nice. Other than the hospital bed, you feel like your in a hotel.
  • Options
    Actually i didnt think the food was that bad compared to other hospital food. I had surgery there 2 yrs ago.
  • Options

I'll be delivering there in Jan. Thank you for the food tip!! I will prepare ...can anyone tell me what the bathrooms look like in the rooms ...I want to do a natural birth and the shower will really help me are they big enough or are they just a little bathroom? I know I cant deliver in water at st. peters but I can labor. I took a comp tour and they show you the rooms just not that bathrooms lol. Thank you ladies!

• Options

I'll be delivering there in Jan. Thank you for the food tip!! I will prepare ...can anyone tell me what the bathrooms look like in the rooms ...I want to do a natural birth and the shower will really help me are they big enough or are they just a little bathroom? I know I cant deliver in water at st. peters but I can labor. I took a comp tour and they show you the rooms just not that bathrooms lol. Thank you ladies!

The bathrooms are standard. The showers are not the best. There isn't a shower door only curtain so water gets all over the floor. I heard thru the grapevine that there's one room that has a jacuzzi but you need to request it.
  • Options

Thank you soo much for your info! Stink they aren't the best and sounds like it could be a mess lol. I'll have to look into the room with the Jacuzzi lol I don't know how lucky ill be but definitely worth the try.  

• Options
    I'll make sure to have DH stop at Stuff Yer Face and Thomas Sweet's.  Or La Famiglia for pizza.  We're both RU alum, so we know NB really well (especially where to eat).

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The room with the jacuzzi is for laboring in, so I don't think it's an option as a recovery room. The bathroom is pretty large, like a handicap bathroom you'd get at a hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"