February 2013 Moms

Should I pump?

Amelia slept for like six hours straight last night. I don't anticipate that we will be so lucky again tonight, but if this happens again should I get up and pump? I breastfeed also feed formula. During the day I pump three to four times. Will it kill my supply if I don't pump because she's not nursing?
Lilypie - (KNqh)

Re: Should I pump?

• I say only pump when you give a bottle. If baby doesn't wake up to feed, enjoy your sleep. Your supply will adjust as you get used to the longer stretches, but you will probably feel very full in the morning for a few days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d! 
    BFP #3: 8/27/14; EDD 5/4/15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ditto PPs.  I pump every four or five hours during the day, but LO usually gives us a stretch of sleep that's anywhere from 6 - 8 hours at night (the 8 hours only happened once, but it was amazing).  I don't get up to pump during the night. You

• Thanks ladies. She slept from about ten last night to right nowwhich is another amazing seven hour stretch. I will definitely pump when she takes the bottle.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I was just posting this! DS slept 7 1/2 hours and I am so engorged! But really? I had to pee so bad after 5 and by 6 hours, the engorgement was so bad I lay there awake anyways. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm jealous. I must have done something wrong because I found I was engorged after 3 hours on 3 different stretches tonight. Would sadly have been painful if dd HAD slept for longer than that!
    BabyFruit Ticker