August 2012 Moms

UPDATE on our "Lil Brave n Fearless Warrior"

Subject: UPDATE on our "Lil Brave n Fearless Warrior" 

Link to original post - https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/72982216.aspx 

First of all My family and I and baby Koa are so overwhelmed with all the love and outpouring of love, concern and prayers we?ve received so far. We are by no mean out of the woods, but here is what we know so far...

The short of the prognosis is he has a staph infection which ended up in the blood stream and then attacking his rt leg bone. Osteomyelitis (bone infection) caused by a Staph strain infection. They are testing if the Staph is MRSA. In the meantime he's being treated for MRSA since treatment is relatively the same and will need to be hospitalized for a minimum of a week maybe longer depending on his response n recovery. For now my Babyboy is in a lot. of. pain. Every part of me is exhausted....mentally, physically and emotionally for my baby. Despite every Drs reassurance there was nothing we did or could have done to prevent it, the mommy in me replays his EVERY activity from the moment we brought him home searching for that aha moment he could've been infected. The truth is, we all carry staph and a vast majority MRSA. A tiny bump, tiny scratch or any teeniest of skin opening is all that's needed for these bacteria to have their way. For us we get a common cold. For infants, geriatrics, and compromised immune individuals... it turns critical.

The only thing I can even remotely pin point is taking him to the park on Friday (he was in his stroller 90%) and then by night he started acting fussy. From there everything is a big blur. He may have gotten a tiny bug bite... Who knows.... I?m just thankful we?ve got a diagnosis and we can get on the mend.

Thank you so very much for your thoughts n prayers... Koa, mommy and the rest of the family thank you truly.

Here he is being a brave soul... but even in the hospital Mommy?s bed is still BEST!

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

Re: UPDATE on our "Lil Brave n Fearless Warrior"

• Oh my goodness. Thoughts to you, Koa and your family!

• Oh my. I'm lighting a candle for you. Stay strong and brave to you all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What a strong brave baby you have TP being sent your way.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Poor little guy!!! I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this. What a scary diagnosis. Praying for a speedy recovery and that his pain subsides soon.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Aww poor Koa!  I'm glad the doctors have figured out the issue and he is on the mend!  I hope he is fully recovered soon.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Thank you for the update! SO was just in the hospital for staph and it's no joke, you are an incredible mom with a strong little man for going through this! 
  • I'm generally not a softie, but that picture of him makes me want to cry. Poor little guy. Hope for a speedy recovery!
  • Poor little Koa. I am so sorry!!! I'm glad there's a diagnosis and they're working on treatment. Prayers for you all. Keep us posted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel so bad for him. I'm glad he is being so brave though. Hope he gets better soon.
  • Poor little guy, I hope he has a speedy recovery! T&P your way!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What a brave little man. I hope he gets better soon!
  • Poor baby Koa! I missed the first original post but Im glad you came to update. Ironically, my cousin's son had the same thing happen this last Monday. He was bit on his cheek which then turned into a bad staph infection. He did have to have surgery to re
  • Poor poor baby! Hang in there mama, we're all with you!

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the update I will continue to send T&P's your way.   I am glad that they were able to diagnose him so quickly and hopefully he will be back to his normal self soon.  Stay strong, I know it must be incredible difficult t

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thats so scary for your lil guy=(.  I'm so sorry hes going through this but hopefully he gets better soon.  T&P and *healthy vibes*.  And big *hugs* to you, mama.
  • That staph is no joke. Thank goodness he's being well taken care of. Good Mommy snuggles go a long way right now. You are doing so good. I hope you get some rest too. Kiss that lil Koa for us! Hugs!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you for the update! Poor sweet boy! I hope he feels better soon! So brave!
  • What an unbelievably precious little soul you have there.  Thank you for your update, my thoughts are with you and I am lifting your Koa boy up the the Great Physician!

• Oh my goodness! I hope koa gets better soon, poor little love. My thoughts are with you and your little one. 
  • ccamccam member
    Poor little peanut. More T&Ps to you and your family, but especially Koa.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Don't beat yourself up over it. You followed your instincts, and are getting him the care he needs.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. I had a STAPH infection in my leg before, and it was crazy. I still have the scars to prove it.
  • DH, my Koa, and I are all praying for you and your Koa. Hang in there!
  • I'm thinking of you and your beautiful baby. Hugs.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • gosh, dear. i cannot imagine. i am SO sorry your brave boy is going through this. sending you wishes for relief and wellness. xxxxxx to you all.
  • Oh my goodness, poor little thing! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 
  • Poor little guy. Hopefully he'll bounce back quick. Sending positive vibes his way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is SO scary :( Get well soon, sweet little bug!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • You all are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the sell wishes... Daddy, Mommy and Koa are all so fortunate for such amazing support all over the country and beyond!

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Hoping for a speedy recovery for Koa. Keeping you all in my Ts and Ps.

• He's gorgeous! I hope he feels better and you guys are out of there soon!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• So sorry your little stormtrooper is in the hospital! Glad they figured out what it was and he will be on the mend! Hang in there mama! 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"