Stay at Home Moms

Anyone boil eggs like this?

So everytime I boil eggs, I get a few cracked ones. Not usually a big deal since we just eat them. But I want to avoid cracks in the eggs Lydia will dye today. So I Googled how to boil eggs. Two different links the first two in the list said to cover the pot of eggs, bring to boil, remove from burner and let sit on the stove for 12 minutes. I have never done it this way. You??
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone boil eggs like this?

• I just boiled eggs following the directions in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. It said to put the eggs in a single layer, fill the pot with cold water until the eggs are just covered, and bring the water to a rapid rolling boil. Then cover, remove

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenowababy:
    I always do it that way but only 8 minutes. Always perfect and no cracked eggs.

Yup, me too

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Usually I just bake my hard boiled eggs, but I did the boil/cover/steep method this time, and it turned out fine.  Although, I did end up with 2 cracked, but I had 3 eggs more than I planned to dye, so I was still 1 ahead (so we dyed 25 eggs instead
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do it that way, pretty much, except I don't cover until they come to a boil, then I take them off the heat and let them stand for 15 minutes covered. I've never had a crack and, as a bonus, the eggs themselves are perfect.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Yup, they come out perfectly!
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Shoot, no wonder my eggs always freaking crack.  I'm sure I'm over cooking them.  I usually bring them to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.  And I wasn't completely honest... more than just a few are cracked.  I cooked ou
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I used to do it that way and ended up with the normal number of cracked ones...

What my Ma found somewhere and started doing is ... put the eggs in a pan, cover with water, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes, turn off, pour off hot water, "sho

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"