Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Alcohol

I know these posts have been done a lot but I always seem to miss them. If you have a LO, how often, if at all do you have a drink or two? I consider myself a "moderate" drinker. Maybe a glass of wine or beer at dinner twice a week. Maybe an extra one on the weekend. We never go out to bars, etc...even before we had DS who is 6 months old.

Second question, do you ever feel weird buying alcohol with your LO around? For some reason I always feel weird buying a bottle of wine or beer if I have my DS with me. Like, people are judging me for having a 6 month old and, gasp, buying alcohol. Even if it takes over a week to drink one bottle of wine. Does anyone else ever feel like this? I know it's silly but I swear it always makes me all nervous to buy alcohol when I have my LO with me, haha.

Re: Alcohol

• I drink once, maybe twice a week, just a drink or 2. Once every like 6 months, we go out and get drunk. I don't buy booze with DS. Where I live, they don't sell it in the grocery stores anyway, and I just won't bring him in the liquor or beer/wine stores
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not buying it with my DS at liquor stores, etc. Just normal grocery shopping or occasionally running into the grocery store for an item or two for dinner plus maybe buying wine or beer. My DH is in the military and deploys for
  • i don't think it is weird. When DS was 6 wks old I had to run errands and stop buy a pharmacy (an actual on, not the one in my grocery for a special compound cream) and get wine as bday gift for our cousin.

I brought DS into the wine store with m

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have a drink 1 or 2 times a week. I always drink after LO is asleep since she's down til 5am or later so no issues feeding her with alcohol in my system. 

As for buying alcohol with LO I don't care, once I bought like 3 cases worth of diff

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I drink once or twice a week also. Sometimes the hubby and I get a bit tipsy, sitting in our living room, listening to records after LO has gone to bed but if we want to go out and get crunked then we have my mom keep DS overnight.

DS born 3/10/12 - Baby GIRL - due 10/5/14!

BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• image Kemare20:
    I have a glass of wine 2-4 times a week after LO goes to bed. I don't give two sh*ts about what people think

DS born 3/10/12 - Baby GIRL - due 10/5/14!

BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• image kbruington:

image Kemare20:</
  • H and I usually share a bottle of wine on Friday nights. H has a beer or glass of wine most nights with dinner. I have a glass of wine 2-3 nights a week.

We keep a fully stocked bar - I have about a dozen bottles of wine in the rack, bottles of r

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

"The strong look for more strength; the weak look for excuses."

Married July 2009, Furbaby adopted Sept. 2010, DS born June 2012

• This is probably stupid but I look younger than my age, which is 28. So I always feel extra judged...like not being a responsible mom. Dumb, yes. But still true,sad face won't show up on mobile.
  • image kbruington:
    DH and Inbsp;drink once or twice a week also. Sometimes the hubby and I get a bit tipsy, sitting in our living room, li
  • I haven't had any alcohol in 2 years! Ugh! I used to have a drink or 2 at least 3 nights a week. Stopped drinking when we started TTC and I'm BFing a LO that still nurses 3 times a night.

I could pump and dump I know, but DS won't take a bott
  • i have a beer a few times a week after DD is down for the night. i have zero issue buying alcohol with her. we're in canada, so it's always at the liquor store. hell, i use the stroller to carry the beer. judge away, mum needs her booze. 
  • I think it is silly to be worried or defensive about this. Our house has a pretty well stocked bar and I take the kids w/ me into the wine & spirits store every time I go (about once a month usually). I don't care and no one has ever seemed to thin

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • My name is Nicole and I'm a WINO ;
  • Beer and wine are somewhat hobbies for DH & I.  We homebrew, visit breweries often, go to wineries a lot (my dad writes a wine blog so often we go with grandma and grandpa).  DD knows the bartenders at our local bar.  This week I stoppe
  • DH and I used to love going to bars together on weekends, but now that we have LO, we might just have  1-2 drinks on Friday and/or Saturday. I might have one drink with dinner  ( maybe something like a hard cider) which I'll have slowly. If I

• I drink wine or beer a few times a month. Very rarely to the point of being drunk. I have zero issues buying alcohol with my kids. Most people I know with kids enjoy a nice drink once in awhile!   

I got over the stares when

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) I will have a drink maybe or two (last night I had two glasses of wine) on the weekends, but if I am around DS I make sure that its spaced out and or if I start feeling buzzed (I have a low tolerance) that I drink water and eat something. 

• I've brought our LO into the liquor store, we typically bring a bottle of wine if we go to a friend's house for dinner, we entertain fairly frequently and I enjoy the odd glass of wine.  If anyone gave me a look I'd likely give them a piece of my