January 2013 Moms

Back to work soon...

Hi ladies!

I go back to work on April 8, and we've been starting to establish a more sound nighttime routine.  Right now, my son (3 months on Friday, but adjusted age 9 weeks today) still gets up once during the night to eat, typically around 3:00 or so (we EBF).  He'll then wake up for good around 7:00 in the morning.  Right now, it's a great schedule, but when I go back to work, 7:00 is when I need to be leaving the house.  I don't know how to make adjustments to encourage him to eat at a different time.  In a perfect world, I'd encourage him to eat around 5:00 or 5:30; then I could get ready for work and he'd take a bottle right when he gets to daycare.  However, I just don't know how to help him make that switch.

At nighttime, he gets a bottle from Dad around 7:30, and then sometimes he'll wake up again around 10:30 for one more feeding.

What do you other working moms do?  How do you feed your babies so that the timing doesn't interfere with going to work? I don't want to force a strict schedule on him, as we believe it's not what is best, but I also feel like I need to start implementing a little bit of structure so things will go smoothly on the 8th.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated -- thank you! :-)

Psalm 139:14 -- "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

Re: Back to work soon...

• Right now DS is waking between 5-530 and I feed him the first feeding then. Then I pump, get all my things together, eat breakfast myself, and then around 6:45 or 7 i usually wake DS back up to give him his vitamin D and then breast feed again - this ses
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamjung2103:
    Right now DS is waking between 5-530 and I feed him the first feeding then. Then I pump, get all my things togeth
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS is 9 weeks old, he normally goes to bed around 8 and then is up around 12 to eat if he doesn't sleep through the night. I get up and get myself and everything else ready before I wake him up giving myself enough time to feed him before I take him

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My dd has the same schedule, except she goes to bed at 10,  But when I go back to work 2 days after you, I also have to leave at 7 so I plan to wake her at 6:30 to feed her then leave right away.  I'll get myself ready around 6.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"