March 2013 Moms

Pump, Pump, Pump...

Anyone else exclusively pumping? I feel like all I do is pump....it's like these breast shields are becoming a part of my boobs...as I sit here at 1130pm pumping.  Just curious for those EP how old their LO is and how many ounces they usually get at each pump.  I'm getting frustrated because I'm only getting between 1.5oz and 3oz at each pump and my LO is 3.5 weeks old. The annoying part is I feel engorged like the pump isn't getting it all out! I just bought a new PISA too, so I'll be super bummed if my supply diminishes.  Just needed a vent! Good night all, happy pumping. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pump, Pump, Pump...

• 1:40 and I am pumping now too!!
    I feel like my life is on a clock. I have to adjust my pumping around going places and I always am waiting for the next time.
    I usually pump every 3 to 4 hours. I have no clue what is normal I just have Been to
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I pump, I just had a big cry over it tonight. Thankfully I'm lucky and get 35 ounces a day but the road to EPing has not been easy. My avent pump broke and the only way it would work was on max suction so my nipples were awful. It seems like I pump, do on
  • I EPed for a year with DS#1, and vowed to exclusively BF this time. Well, LO is 5 days old and hasn't fed by mouth yet because he is sick in the NICU, so here I am, pumping my life away again. Some times I've learned over my professional pumping career

• I also have a car adapter. It's awesome and I actually did pump in the back of the target Parking lot a week ago.

I also have pumped in the car when my husband was driving. Our family lives a few hours away so now I don't need to pump as soon
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Remember that there are 2 let downs during a feeding/pumping. You should give pumping a good 15 minutes because you second let down will occur and bring alot more mil then what you have probably been collecting. Also you have to remember to RELAX while yo
  • I ep and I did for DS too.  there are a couple things you can to make it more efficient

1.  Make sure the flanges are correctly sized.

2. apply a warm rice sock for 5 minutes before

3. compress the breast tissue while pumpin

"Grow old and be bold and know that you are the magic of my song" -Stephen Leonard

BFP 1: missed mc @ 5w2d/discovered @ 11w+, 11/07, BFP 2: natural mc@ 6w+/-, 6/08, BFP 3: bradycardia & abnormal growth @ 6w to 9w, no hb 9w5d, 8/10

BFP#4: Baby W is born at 41w1d on 7/18/11

BFP# 5: EDD 3/8/13, Baby C arrived 3-4-13.  "March forth, little girl" :)

BFP# 6: EDD 8/25/14, Please complete our family, bebe <3 </font>

*In my bag:  Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Nikon F65, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8DX, Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D, Nikkor 105mm Micro 1:2.8D, Sigma 70-200mm D 1:2.8 APO DG HSM, (2) SB-700, (2) SB-24* 

• My girls are 3 weeks old and I'm pumping roughly 810oz every session. I pump every 2 to 3ish hours for 15 to 20 minutes. They're both eating 3oz.

I don't really have any advice as I'm a FTM and have only been doing this for 3 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been pumping every 34 hours for 25 mins. The problem is I never let down so it just trickles out slowly and I barely cover the bottom of the bottle. I'm getting so frustrated! I take fenugreek pills, drink mothers milk, use warm compresses and still
  • image jack19:

image sdemilio123

"Grow old and be bold and know that you are the magic of my song" -Stephen Leonard

BFP 1: missed mc @ 5w2d/discovered @ 11w+, 11/07, BFP 2: natural mc@ 6w+/-, 6/08, BFP 3: bradycardia & abnormal growth @ 6w to 9w, no hb 9w5d, 8/10

BFP#4: Baby W is born at 41w1d on 7/18/11

BFP# 5: EDD 3/8/13, Baby C arrived 3-4-13.  "March forth, little girl" :)

BFP# 6: EDD 8/25/14, Please complete our family, bebe <3 </font>

*In my bag:  Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Nikon F65, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8DX, Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D, Nikkor 105mm Micro 1:2.8D, Sigma 70-200mm D 1:2.8 APO DG HSM, (2) SB-700, (2) SB-24* 

• image sdemilio1231:
    ..it's like these breast shields are becoming a part of my boobs... <div id="ynano_hooks_page" style="display:
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards