School-Aged Children
Options

What did you do for your 6 year old's birthday?

DS has always had a big party.  There aren't a ton of places to have it outside of our house.  We did do a bowling party one year, but everything else is 45-60 minutes away, except the Y.  However, I don't think he is ready for a swim party.  His birthday is in April.   

If we do have a party, I would like to keep it small this year.  I am thinking a few friends from school, plus a few of our family members only (we have a huge family).  

Or we just take him out for the day and spoil him.  This is what we did for DS#2 this year.  We went to this jump place in the morning and then Chuck E. Cheese in the afternoon.  I did this mostly because it was the middle of winter, and we have been constantly sick.  There are a couple other places we could go--the Aquarium, indoor waterpark, the zoo, an indoor entertainment center.  We would have to do it on a Saturday though since he has school on his birthday.   

What did you do for the 6th birthday?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What did you do for your 6 year old's birthday?

• Options

My son's 6th was my favorite party I've hosted.  I love when they're older, because you can have a nice, meaningful party without inviting every kid in the class. 

Anyway, my son's 6th was a Pokemon party.  We had 6 or 7 kids from

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

DD:

5th- we did a party at the splash park (much smaller than the waterpark below) 

We invited all the girls in DD's class plus a few friends and had a Diva party at a local children's salon (that does Diva parties).  It was a bla

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our twins' 6th bday party was at a paint it yourself type of place. They each invited 3friends from school and we had a couple of family friends also. It went great and 10 kids was a good number for the activity.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    alakealake member

Leah's sixth birthday isn't until August, but I am planning on inviting several of her friends from school, and we are going to have it in our backyard.  We have a large outdoor pool with beach entry.  I will probably rent a bounce house or t

• Options
    We rented out part of the museum and had a dinosaur hunt. The kids searched for hidden dinosaur bones and then put them back together. We also did dino themed crafts and explored the museum. The kids had so much fun!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS will be 6 in 3 weeks. We are having a party at our house. there will be 9 kids here, 2 from his class and the rest are family.  He wants a baseball themed party.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For my older DD, we did a roller skating party for her 6th.  For her 7th this year, she wants a party at home and she can invite 8 friends.  I don't mix friends and family parties and do just a basic brunch or dinner for the family with a cake a
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    We wanted to do low key as last yr we spend a lot of money. This yr we took him to Pump It Up then we cut him a cake. 
  • Options

DD#1 we had a cooking party. It was Princess and the Frog themed, so I made frog aprons (doubled as favors), they decorated chef hats and then made their own lunch (fruit skewers with an easy sweet dip and biscuit wrapped hot dogs). I inved the girls f

Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"