October 2012 Moms
Options

Eating solids regression

I was told when starting solids to feed them after a bottle as the baby's primary source of nutrition is to be milk/formula. This was working well with my LO and he was LOVING solids. We were just doing fruits/veggies. All of a sudden in the past week he has no interest. He will maybe eat a bite or 2 and clamp shut. I am not sure what has happened. I am not forcing it, but am still a bit baffled as to why the regression on wanting to eat? Anyone else have this experience? I have tried right after a bottle, waiting an hour, etc. and it doesn't matter he just doesn't want it anymore. Doesn't cry or anything just would rather play I guess :) 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Eating solids regression

• Options
    I feed DS solids before his bottle...but he was eating way too much formula (like 50+ oz per day). He is now sleeping better at night (which could be a coincidence) and so he has dropped his 10 pm and 1 am feedings. He now eats 7 oz at 5, 8 and 1130 AM an
    DS1: Wild Man born 11/28/07
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLetsBeNice:
    I feed DS solids before his bottle...but he was eating way too much formula (like 50+ oz per day). He is now sleep
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJessica614:
    This was Kayleigh last week. Didn't want anything to do with solids. So I just offered and if she didn't want it I
  • Options
    You know our situation, but so far all solids have caused an issue for Max and made reflux worse. I'm thinking of just stopping them for a while and focusing on bottle intake and then starting again in a month or so...
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"