TTC after 35

DH so nervous about "performing" for IUI!

I had no idea, but this morning he just let it out that the SA he did in the past was so difficult & he's worried about performance anxiety tomorrow. Any tips?  I feel so bad because I had no idea~~I was only focusing on the ME part of the IUI.  What would happen if he can't perform & I did the Ovidrel trigger last night?!!
Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: DH so nervous about "performing" for IUI!

• Is he doing it at home or at Dr? DH does his at home and i usually help, to keep it less clinical. If he is in dr can you go with?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

• For the future (though hopefully this IUI will work and this advice will be irrelevant) -- you may want to suggest to him that he put a sample on ice as a backup, to alleviate some of the pressure of having to perform on the specific day.  (The idea

******SIGGY/TICKER WARNING******

Me: 40. DH: 42. TTC since 2009. 
    Normal-ish hormone levels (<9.5 FSH, 0.9 AMH).  Weird egg maturity issue.
    July 2011 - Feb. 2012: 2 Clomid/TI cycles; 3 injectables/IUI cycles. Good response but BFNs.
    Dec. 2011: Laparoscopy (clear) + hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyp.
    Apr. 2012: IVF #1: Antagonist protocol. 7R, 0M, 0F. :-(
    Nov. 2012: IVF #2: Long Lupron protocol. 9R, 1M, 1F. 3dt of my one lil' embie on 11/23: BFN. :-(
    Dec. 2012: Hail Mary IUI cycle with leftover IVF meds: BFN.
    Feb. 2013: IVF #3: Estrogen priming protocol, max stims. 6R, 1M, 1F w/rescue ICSI. My one embie didn't make it. :-(
    July 2013:  DE IVF #1. Canceled just before retrieval when donor tested positive for (active) CMV.  :-(
    Oct. 2013:  DE IVF #2, with wonderful new donor. ER 10/25:  31R, 24F. 5dt of one beautiful 4AB blast: 10/30. 14 frosties. BFP at 5dp5dt. Beta 11/8 (9dp5dt): 179. Beta 11/15 (16dp5dt): 2274. First US 11/25 (6w3d): a perfect little bean with a HB of 118. Second US 12/9 (8w3d): HB 170. Anatomy scan 2/27:  It's a GIRL!  Beautiful DD born 7/24/2014 weighing 8lb 15oz.  100% worth it all.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
          image   image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How did it go?

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

• Well~we ended going back to TI yesterday & luckily we were both off of work all day!  I feel so bad that he's embarassed but I honestly didn't think that he wouldn't be able to at all.  He was put in a room with a regular couch & the mag
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Oh poor DH!!! How stressed he must be, and ewww I can totally imagine thinking about all the men before hime, blech. My dh does his sample at home in the comfort of the bed, with my help. Then I whisk away to the DR for the iui, if you have to do i

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12