Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Old Ways....

This morning?s weigh in was an eye opener for me. I'm not looking for sympathy. This is me holding myself accountable and not hiding behind my smile. 

Since having my D & C on 12/12/12, this was my second miscarriage; I've been an emotional wreck. I've been withdrawn from my family and friends. I've maintained my "sunny" demeanor especially for my friends that are still pregnant but inside it feels like a part of me is lost. Having lost 70 pounds prior to becoming pregnant one would think that I'd be able to pick up where I left off. Wrong. I've almost gained back everything I've lost. 

Once again I've turned to food to avoid feeling. It's like my body is on auto pilot. I look in the mirror and I see a stranger staring back at me. I'm tired all the time, one minute I feel a bit of joy and the next I feel guilty for feeling that joy. I've been watching the number on the scale creep up a little more each day but this morning was an eye opener. I'm 7.5 pounds away from being where I once was. I made myself a promise a year ago I would never see these numbers again but here I am. Enough is enough. I'm tired of not feeling like myself that I once was proud of. 

Yesterday I felt so much better than I have in weeks. I feel like I am finally coming out of the daze and denial I've been in for months. I?m finally going this week for a checkup that should've happened months ago. It's time to get back to normal!  

Today is a new day! Today I'm recommitting to my health. No more excuses. Today I choose to be happy. Today I choose me!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Old Ways....

• First of all that was awesome you lost all that weight, I so need to lose weight but just have not had the drive to do it yet!!

My MC was a month ago,  I still have my ups and downs and because I am a little chunky on top it does not make me

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I too lost a lot of weight before becoming pregnant, 60 lbs. I'm also eating all the things I haven't eaten in over a year, and I can't seem to stop myself, even though I know better.  

I think it's important to remember that we have to hand

• It sounds like you worked really hard to get your weight down.  I am so sorry that this event has caused you such turmoil.  I struggle with my weight, too.  I'm an emotional eater as well, so I understand that.  I let myself splurge

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• I am in a similar situation...lost a bunch of weight and now gained all of it back...gosh darn it.   I have been eating my emotions for too long and need to get back to trying to get rid of it for good. I would like to TTC again but really need to

image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all for the enouragement :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers