C-sections

When did you get to schedule your c section?

I am expecting my second child in late october and just wondering how far into your 2nd pregnancy you were when you picked your date?

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

Re: When did you get to schedule your c section?

• We just scheduled a date at my OB appointment today for 5 weeks from now.  She told me that her surgery scheduler will look at her like she's crazy if she tries to officially book something before the mom is 33/34 weeks :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Dr. office schedules it at your next appt after you hit 31w.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks.  I just had a crazy time with my first and I just need this one to be as organized as a birth can possibly be.  Whatever that means.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Um, It was almost 2 months out. And I think that was late, the scheduler was surprised I didn't have anything set up, but no one at the doc's office had told me who or when to call... but it all worked out!
  • Mine was scheduled around 26 weeks.  I felt like it was early to schedule it but that is standard for my practice.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My was scheduled at 21 weeks.  We found out the sex and the date of our cs at the same appointment.  It was the soonest they had their schedule ready with who was scheduled for surgery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB said we will set a date at my 30 week (or around there) appointment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I asked at my last appointment (21 weeks), and they had just gotten the June schedule. They went ahead and scheduled me then. 
  • I set my date 6 weeks prior 
  • Each doctor's office/hospital is different, so I would ask your OB. I scheduled mine 6 weeks before because that's just how the doctor's office does it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just asked my OB last week. They won't schedule mine until my 36 week appointment. He did say that 90% of the time they will do it on the day I turn 39 weeks though so at least I have an idea. I'm jealous of everyone else getting to schedule early, I'm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• We discussed it at my 32 week appointment and it was confirmed at the 34 week appointment. With my first it was at my 30 week appointment.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 18 weeks. we set it the same day of my anatomy scan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I scheduled mine today.  I'm 16w4d.  It feels so crazy to have a date and time.  
  • I will schedule mine either this week or next week. So 33/34 weeks. Doctor said the hospital doesn't like him scheduling too far in advance. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"