Breastfeeding

Mother's Milk Tea

Hi, 

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Mother's Milk Tea to work and help your supply?  

My supply has been lacking for some time now and I have been afraid to try to the tea and or the actual supplements of Fenugreek bc I didn't want my DD to be fussy so I have been supplementing with formula if she doesn't get enough BM. However, I just had to switch the formula from Similac to Gerber and Enfamil and she doesn't seem to like the Gerber or the Enfamil.

I just drank a glass of the tea and am on my 2nd one.  I have tried nursing every two - three hours and it has not helped increase supply, I stopped pumping so I can strictly nurse and increase my supply.  My DD loves to nurse and hates the bottle sometimes and won't take it but will still act hungry.    I need to get my supply going again bc I go back to work in a week.  

Help! :(  Thanks so much!

- A mommy that just wants to BF 

Re: Mother's Milk Tea

• What makes you think you have low supply?  Have you been pumping when you supplement?

Not all babies get gassy from fenugreek.  For me, mother's milk tea has an effect within a day or two.  

I would nurse every 1.5-2 hours if

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• I have been nursing every two hours or so. It hasn't helped.   I have not been pumping, just strictly nursing bc I was told the pumping doesn't help.  

I think I don't have a good supply bc I will nurse her and then starts crying after

• Hands in the mouth isn't really a hunger sign after the first few weeks...can you offer the first side again when she does this?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• Power pumping can absolutely help increase your supply.
    I don't know why you would automatically assume fenugreek and teas will make you LO fussy. That's a trial and error thing.
    As for your original question, supplements take time to work y

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She is almost 3 months. 
  • Oatmeal is also supposed to help. I was eating it every other day for breakfast but changed to everyday when she started her growth spurt two days ago. I also drink the Mother's Milk tea and between letting her nurse as much as I can stand it and the o

• It can take a while to rebuild your milk supply. I would try to nurse a little bit more often and give the herbs time to work. It could take several days or longer to really get a good boost.

If you are worried about using fenugreek

• image MrsLadyNole:
    What kind of oatmeal?

I've been using organic rolled oats from the bulk section at whole