Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Cutting out a feeding?

On a regular workday, I nurse DS around 7am. He then has 6oz bottle at day care aroun 10, and sometime after that eats about 4 oz of pur?e and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal. He gets a second 6 oz bottle at DC around 3 (although he usually doesn't finish it).

i get DS home around 4. I always BF around 5, and the again around 7:30, right before he goes to bed.  Problem is, I usually try to offer solids after the 5pm feeding, but DS usually isn't interested. A lot of food ends up going to waste (which is annoying since I make my own).

A few days ago, I nursed DS @3 and then took him to a doctor's appointment. We didn't get home until 6 and had missed the 5pm feeding, so I just decided to offer solids. He gobbled down about 3 oz of pur?e, and then happily nursed at 7 and went to bed.

my point is, I fee like i'm trying to cram too many feelings into the evening. Should I keep trying allof them? Should I cut out the 5pm bottle and focus on solids at that time? Or should I stop worrying about solids at night for now? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cutting out a feeding?

• If I were you, I would nurse at 4 or 4:30 (whenever you get home, I would offer the breast) and then offer solids around 5:30 or 6:00.

I would be hesitant to cut out a nursing session since more nutrition comes from BM than most foods. I would st

• Before we went to 2 feedings of solids, P at a 6 oz bottle somewhere around 3-4 and then I always gave him like 2 oz at 5:30 to tie him over til bedtime.  When we went to 2 feedings, i just started giving him solids at 5:30 (4oz) and he did wonder

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Our schedule sounds a lot like yours, except for the extra feeding in the evenings. He gets breast fed between 6:30-7, food around 8 at daycare, I go to him at 10:30 to breastfeed, food again at 11:30, bottle at 3, food at 4, then I breastfeed him again a
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Um no I wouldn't cut out a nursing session for solids. BM/Formula should be the main source of nutrition in the first year. Solids are for practice.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers