March 2013 Moms

? for those of you who now have a toddler and nb

How did your toddler handle it?  Were they a mess when they had to the leave you and the baby at the hospital?  How are they doing with you needing to give the baby so much attention? 

I have a feeling DS is going to be excited/nervous to meet his little sister and will be great at the hospital until it's time for him to go home without me Sad  I have 2 little toys for him that I plan to give him right before he leaves to try and distract the "departure". 

I'd like to think he's going to be a great big bro right from the start but he's already let me know that he'd like Piper to stay in my belly lol.  I think he'll be pretty good once we get home- probably a bit jealous at times which is natural.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? for those of you who now have a toddler and nb

• My LO will be here tomorrow, so I can't answer your questioon yet. Just wanted to say good luck and you're not alone. I'm very anxious about how this transition is going to go for everyone. We have everything ready to go for baby because we have to be to
  • Dd had a hard time when I was at the hospital. She was scared seeing me in the hospital bed and she cried every night since I wasn't reading her a story. I was really sad in the hospital because I felt like I was neglecting her silly, I know, but I stil
  • Loading the player...
  • DD did great at the hospital until it was time to go, then she had to be carried out kicking and screaming.  It was also lunchtime by then so I'm sure being hungry added to it.  Daddy ended up going home too, to grab a shower, so they stopped fo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had DD in the delivery room except for things like the epidural placement and pushing. She had a hard time the night we were in the hospital because she was still suffering the after-effects of a cold on top of going home without me. 

&nbs

• When we were in the hospital, that was the first time DS has ever spent the night away from me. He did so so much better than I thought. He stayed with my mom [who he sees every day] and came and saw us in the hospital plenty.

As for the bab

• JAH12JAH12 member

I ended up being in the hospital for almost a week before I came home. I was admitted 4 days before the baby was born, spent 2 nights there being monitored for high bp, released and came home for one night then was sent back to be induced.

The f

Look out baby #3 is on his/her way!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemkanderson85:
    Dd had a hard time when I was at the hospital. She was scared seeing me in the hospital bed and she cried every
  • I'm a FTM so I don't have any advice, but I DO want to tell you I love the name Piper!!! I tried to get DH onboard with it, but we settled on Rowan.

Good luck with her and DS!
  • imageKellyAnne82:
    I'm a FTM so I don't have any advice, but I DO want to tell you I love the name Piper!!! I tried to get DH onboar
  • My son was not able to come to the hospital due to flu restrictions.  I was sad at first but I think it ended up being a good thing.  When we came home I went in first and he was really excited to see me.  We then brought in our daughter

• DS did great while I was In the hospital. We had been talking about it for awhile, that mommy would go to the hospital to have his sister and he'd go to grandma's house. He only spent one night at my parents and was pretty spoiled there so he didn't seem

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My kids have done really well with the transition.  No jealousy or anything.  Kids are not allowed at my hospital right now due to the horrible cold and flu season, so I can't answer that.  Although, I don't remember it being an issue when

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• It hasn't quite been what I expected, but I'm not sure I thought would happen. DS has special needs (autism) and has trouble making connections/understanding some things.

He was fine when I was in the hospital (daycare during the day and DH or t

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"