January 2013 Moms

Total hospital bill

Has anyone looked at their explanation of benefits from the insurance company yet? I added all of my prenatal and delivery costs and was blown away!

I only owe 175 for everything but the total amount billed was almost 58,000! Crazy!

Re: Total hospital bill

• Yep, it's nuts. We were at like 40K total billed. Be thankful you only owe $175. ..that's amazing.  Out of pocket we owe in the thousands.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess ours was a steal at 13000 but we owe 300 copay which sucks...that's not counting the various 20 copays for OB and Ped visits since she was born. Yikes.

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

• We owed under 2,000 for everything for me and the baby but that's because we hadn't met our deductible yet. It's def. met now! All of DS's well visits, which includes all shots, are free. Amy other pediatrician visit costs us 8 dollars.
  • I'm realizing how great my insurance is. I only had to pay one copay for all of my prenatal visits and only 150 for a csection.

• jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Wow! I feel so thankful for the insurance I have. I had a 150 copay for the hospital visit and no prenatal copays. We're still getting explanation of benefits. We just got one yesterday for DS' stay in the NICU and I was blown away by the cost. He was onl
    DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a 3 day induction that turned into a c-section. So, our bill was over $100k. We only had to pay our deductible of $3000. Thank goodness for insurance!
  • image Allison546:
    Yep, it's nuts. We were at like 40K total billed. Be thankful you only owe $175. ..that's amazing.  Out of po
    My Blog My Cooking Blog

Lauren Christine 1.14.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    I was so thankful for our insurance. We only paid 150 and I never had any copays during my pregnancy. The charges w out having insurance are ridiculous.

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.
  • image 82Sonia:
    Has anyone looked at their explanation of benefits from the insurance company yet? I added all of my prenatal and del
  • I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare.  The only cost I have had is the $60 for me to have a private room in the hospital for 3 days. (I do realize that my taxes pay for my healthcare)  I could
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our bill was about $11,000, so pretty cheap by comparison. I pay nothing for prevantative care (which means all prenatal checkups and well-child visits) and only had an $135 hospital copay for the birth.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think ours was only about 22000 total but we paid $150.
  • We had a $250 copay for the hospital. The total bill was just over $11,000. We had a drug-free birth with midwives so I think that is why is was on the lower end.
    Married ~ 6/18/11
    BFP #1 4/30/12 ~ DD 1/15/13
    BFP #2 7/31/14 ~ EDD 4/11/15 ~ MC 8/6/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have NO idea how much my stay was but I got two bills for LO due to an insurance mistake. 17k for him and then another 800 for the physican. He did have a 4 day NICU stay so I'm sure that had a lot to due with it. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I almost don't want to reply to this one. I am still in disbelief. DH works for the state, we have kaiser, we paid 17.95 for everything. All prenatal, ultrasounds, hospital stay, DD care for jaundice, etc. The bill said it was for my painkillers when w

• The bill for just me was over 30k and that is that I checked out a day early after a c section cause I hated the hospital. With my insurance my max out of pocket for the year is $1,500 so thats what we owe between my OBGYN, hospital and anesthesiologist.
    imageimage
  • image Goldsgirl9:
    The bill for just me was over 30k and that is that I checked out a day early after a c section cause I hated the hospit
    image image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same. But, that was because I had a 5-day hospital stay prior to delivery and an emergency c-section. However, throw in our NICU stay, and everything (pre-ins) was pushing $500K. Yeah, half a million. 

Thank god for annual OOP maximums.&nbsp

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Our bill was about $100,000 but the hospital decided to cover all of their costs after a nurse's mistake almost killed myself and DS. They did that without asking me, so that was nice. I had a complicated pregnancy to begin with so I definitely had bills
  • It is crazy! Mine totaled over $64,000 (two days of labor, two day stay postpartum to clear up a minor infection in LO). I owe just over $3000. I looked at the itemization, my delivery room rate (just the room, not the medical services provided) was $6,00
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    S14 August Siggy Challenge: Favorite Alcoholic Drinks
  • I don't know the exact amount, but I believe we payed around $2500. We have United Healthcare PPO and I was in labor (at the hospital) for over 45 hours plus 2 extra days PP.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Haven't got any summaries yet but I am definitely interested in seeing the cost. Thankfully we won't have to pay a dime of it. 

• My maximum out of pocket is $650 but DH has other insurance that covers any remainder so we paid $0....I never added up the bills before insurance...I'll have to do that and see what it totals.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• Our total out of pocket for the hospital after insurance 2500ish. We qualified for financial assistance and only have to pay 25 ofthat so around 600.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• DH is in the military,so we have Tricare. Tricare covered everything except for the hospital copay which was 25$, because I delivered at regular hospital instead of a military hospital.
  • Clearly prices vary by hospital and region. My pre-natal care plus a vaginal, med-free delivery with 3 nights in the hospital only came to $3,000 of which I had to pay $250. I was expecting it to at least have been $10,000 if not more, which seems

• image OhBaby2013:
    I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare. nbsp;The only cost I have ha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image OhBaby+2013:
    I must say that seeing this post makes me very thankful for Canada's universal healthcare.  The only cost I

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • image Brendamndz:

I almost don't want to reply to this one. I am still in disbelief. DH works for the state, we have kaiser, we paid

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Ugh, my LO spent 3 weeks in the NICU and I'm not sure if we have a final tally yet, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere around $175,000. We got a bill for $15,000, but I think our insurance is still sorting everything out. I know I've paid a couple of h