May 2013 Moms

For those who measured very behind.

I had my OB appt this morning and had a med student who measured my fundal height at 30cm. I will be 34 in 2 days. I said this to my doctor that I am concerned because it shows no change since my 30 week appt. He said he isn't concerned and in two weeks if there is no change we can talk about an ultrasound. I am really frustrated with my OB because I was told I'd have to be watched for IUGR because of the abruption. I'm really starting to regret going with this OB, but he came highly recommended from colleagues.

It would have been nice if he remeasured to make sure the student measured properly, but when I measured myself I got the same as well.

I know the baby can just be in a weird position or small, but I would like to verify that is the reason.

For those who measured pretty far behind, what was the reason?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic>
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: For those who measured very behind.

• My friend just had her third a few months ago and at 37-38 weeks she was only measuring 33 weeks.  They did an ultrasound to check growth, but the baby was just so far down in her pelvis that she didn't really need to expand outward anymore. &nbsp

DS 1 3.09 DS 2 8.11
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't speak for myself but I have a close friend who was measuring over 2 weeks behind consistently, so they eventually sent her for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound results showed only 3 or 4 days behind.  She ended up delivering the day before
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I measured behind because I had a small baby. They induced early in case there was a placenta/cord issue. I'm measuring small this time too, either for the same reason or because DD is transverse.

I spoke to my OB ab

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sorry you are stressed about this.   Have you gained weight since your 30 week appointment?  If you have I would probably not worry and it is baby's position.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was only measuring 28 weeks at my 31 week appointment.  They did send me to do an ultrasound immediately though and found that everything was completely normal.  I just am tall and my sons head is already down in my pelvis and he

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm kind of weird.  I measured smaller fundal height wise with DD than I am with this one.  They did a growth u/s to check DD and she was measuring right on track with the u/s.  This one we've been monitoring growth for months because ba

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I measured behind all through my pregnancy until last week... all of a sudden i caught up and made up for lost time. Hope all goes well with you!

BabyFetus Ticker

• At my appointment yesterday (31w4d) I was measuring 28 weeks, which is exactly what I measured at my appointment 2 weeks prior to that.  My midwife said fundal height measurements are very inaccurate and basically there could be pretty significant di
  • imoanimoan
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 5 Love Its
    I'm measuring almost 8 weeks behind.  The only reason (after two ultrasounds) they can detect is that it's because I'm tall, have a long torso and I also have a posterior placenta (attached to the back wall of my uterus).  All those things make
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • That stinks that he's not listening to your concerns - especially since you've had an abruption and IUGR is possible.

With DD, I started measuring behind at about 34 weeks.  The midwives kept insisting it was because the baby had drop

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Katherine Marie born 11/12/10 via c-section 5lbs 1oz

Dx with MTHFR Mutation 12/10

8/23/12 - BFP EDD 5/3/13
    Andrew Ryan is on his way

• I have consistently measured 4-5 weeks behind. I had an ultrasound at about 28 weeks and everything checked out ok. My OB was concerned because I am high risk due to a clotting disorder and I have marginal cord insertion.

Turns out I'm measuring

Baby Girl! Coming May 1, 2013

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies for replying. Chances are that the baby is in a funny position and I know the baby is low, it has been the whole pregnancy. I know fundal heights can be off, but why do them if you are going to get a huge variation and do nothing about it?
  • I measured 3 weeks behind at my last appointment and my midwife said two things about it, that baby could just be in a new position which can make measurements seem "off" and that it's just not that big of a deal as long as the size is steadily increasing
  • Umm yeah!  I would think they would want to look into why you are measuring so small.  My experience with measuring small has me in the hospital until I deliver.  It all started with a dr measuring me at 29 weeks. I measured small so she

Said goodbye to our little angel 12/3/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't be concerned about that. I had both a doctor's appointment yesterday where they measured fundal height, and an u/s at a third party facility where they measured the baby. I'm about 32 weeks.

Fundal height was measuring 31. Baby, howeve

Miscarriage January 2012, at 6 weeks

* Miscarriage April 2012, at 8 weeks

• I hear you on getting the run around. I am currently measuring a few weeks behind. They put me in for growth scan and the earliest I can get in is the 7th of April (and that's only because of a cancellation). After that it was the end of April, wh

• Can you see another OB in your practice? I would be beyond angry if I felt like my doctor wasn't taking my concerns seriously. Also remember, you can ask that he remeasures not just wait for him to do it.

• image MermaidNM:
    Can you see another OB in your practice? I would be beyond angry if I felt like my doctor wasn't taking my concern
  • You don't have to stay with your OB. You can call another doctor for a second opinion. That being said, both my pregnancies my babies have measured small. I am 9 days behind right now and with my son he was a good week or so. I had a growth scan at 28 wee

I'm going to school to become a midwife! You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • I am lurking from June 2013 but I measured about 4 weeks behind with DD.

I had an ultrasound and discovered DD was smallish, positioned oddly and I had low fluid.  I had twice weekly NSTs and weekly fluid checks/growth scans. 

Sh

Pregnancy Ticker