Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

your period/cycle year after baby

So a little back history, my cycle has always been normal.  It returned about 2 months exactly after my daughter was born and has been fairly normal ( give or take a few days to a week) since then. She BF and self weaned around 13-14 months and is now 16 months.  Anyways... the past.. i want to say 3-4 months my period has been very odd.  about a week or so before i start i get dark discharge and slight bleeding.  Exactly what happened with my two last pregnancies around the time i found out i was pregnant.  I've taken tests, nothing comes up even faint.  I'm not changing anything that i do/eat/sleep.  Stress level is about the same.  Also when i'm ovulating im noticing a excess amount in discharge.  I tracked when we were TTC and i could hardly tell by CM if i was ovulating.. now i almost need a pad just for that! ( no other infections or anything down there either) 

is anyone else noticing major changes like this? Any thoughts? It sucks because i end up wearing pads most all the time.  I use the soft cups/diva cups when i'm on my actual period but don't like to use them when there isn't a lot there.  And with summer coming i'm not looking forward to always being.. padded lol.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

" an angel saw in the book of life my baby to be birthed, she whispered as she closed the book, " to beautiful for earth".

Re: your period/cycle year after baby

• After my first, I was having a period every two weeks because of the birth control I was on. After that was changed, things were more normal, but heavier periods than before babies. After my second, I have more discharge all the time. That's pretty normal

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mine still isn't normal. I BF'd until DD was 10 months. I didn't get my first period until  a week before her 1st birthday. Then, for the next two cycles, I'd have it for 3 days, then a week off, then 3 days again. Then the next month I had it for

• Most women just have a "new normal" after they have a baby and are finished BFing. You really can't compare it to before you had a baby, or even while you were BFing, because hormonally and physically, it isn't the same. I agree with the padding issue

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • After DD1, I got my period back a month after I stopped EP.  They were normal periods, heavy at the beginning, then light.  After DD2, I stopped BF and pumping when she was 1 and I literally got my period a week later.  My periods start

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the responses.  I guess i do just have to accept this new " normal" for me then lol. and i've not started any sort of BC or been on one for years now... oh well lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

" an angel saw in the book of life my baby to be birthed, she whispered as she closed the book, " to beautiful for earth".