Baby Showers

No invite - Should I be upset?

My husband and I have a couple that we have known for about 5 years now and in that time frame we have included them in our baby shower and get togethers and they have invited us to the suprise proposal, wedding and other events. We learned they were having a boy awhile ago and we had a ton baby things from our son (who is now 23 months) and offered these things to them. They took alot of things and was very appreciative. Which I was just happy they could use everything. So my problem is that she has had 2 showers and I wasn't invited to either one of them. I learned that her last and 3rd shower is next week. I wasn't invited to that either. My feelings are hurt and I kind of feel like it's a slap in the face. Am I over reacting? I really want to say something but don't want to be dramatic either.

Re: No invite - Should I be upset?

• Maybe it was an accident that you got over looked....3 times.

You shouldn't say anything, it will make you seem like you want a tit for tat. They invited you to everything else and you gave them baby clothes which they graciously accepted. Maybe

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    j J
  • You're over-reacting.

Could be the showers were for small, specific groups of people (coworkers, family, college friends).  Could be the couple felt you'd been so generous already that they were embarrassed to ask you for more gifts.  C

• I wouldn't feel shafted. I have not been invited to plenty of weddings or showers and I'm fine with that because it saved me money and I just congratulated them on FB or with a card. I got invited to a bachelorette and like 4 showers for one friend and

Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • image FemShep:
    You're overreacting.Could be the showers were for small, specific groups of people coworkers, family, college friends. nbs
  • Great advice, thanks ladies

• I think you're overreacting. You've been included in other events and you've also given them a lot of items for their baby already. Why would you want to go to an event where you would need to bring another gift? Just let it go. I don't think there is any
    OaD July Siggy Challenge: DS on the 4th (2013, 2014)
    imageimage

• You're upset that you weren't invited to a party where you were expected to give another gift? Perhaps they didn't invite you BECAUSE you have been so incredibly gracious to them, and they did not want to appear to be ungrateful for the pass-alongs by inv

The Bump is not your personal Google. It's a community. Communities have rules and cultures. Get to know ours before you tell us how mean we are, how you feel sorry for our husbands, and how our infertility is caused by snark

3T July Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fail

New to the 3T board? *~*~*~*Click HERE first!*~*~*~*

Losing the fight against my ovaries  32 33 months and counting

Me: PCOS secondary to Hashimoto's (thyroid), endometrial hyperplasia, and a blocked tube

DH-low motility and poor morphology

My long and convoluted 7 month testing history can be found HERE

Short story: if you've been trying for over a year, go straight to an RE. Don't waste time with an OB

Treatment History 

Medicated Cycle #1 (8/2013) 100mg Clomid , Stair-step to 150mg Clomid+ TI=  No Response
    Medicated Cycle #2, 3, 4 (9/13 10/13 11/13) 5mg Femara + TI + Ovidrel= BFN/No Response
    IUI #1 (1/14) 5mg Femara (CD3-CD7) + Follistim (50/100/150/200/250IU) = Over responded
    IUI #2 (3/14) 27 days of Follistim 50/75/100/150/200 (5 follies) + Lurpon+ IUI (12.5m motile) = BFN
    On a long-term getting well self-benched break before IVF in late 2014
    CNY CONSULT- 7/24imagePAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! 

Eff YOU Uterus: The Blog             image               Pinterest
    "Fuck twins, it's a litter of kittens."- WQ

"Apparently, mine doesn't deserve luxury. I have an economy vag.- Bibliothecary

• image FemShep:

You're over-reacting.

Could be the showers were for small, specific groups of people (coworkers, family, colleg

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • image FemShep:

You're over-reacting.

Could be the showers were for small, specific groups of people (coworkers, family, colleg

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would have felt the same way you did like-wow why didn't I get the invite? Then the logical part of my brain would have engaged enough for me to go- wait- that means I don't have to attend/buy a gift, etc, etc.  I love planning showers, I was grate
  • I am wondering if they feel that you've already been so generous that it would be insulting or gift grabby to invite you to another gift giving event. Showers, though people want to say they are about "celebrating baby", are truly gift giving events. <br

• I'm a super sensitive person so my first reaction would be hurt too but once I left my personal pity party, I'd figure that there was probably a reason and I wouldn't take it to heart. I agree with a lot of the responses you've already gotten :)

DS born 3/10/12 - Baby GIRL - due 10/5/14!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I definitely can understand being initially upset.  But - I wouldn't take it as a "slap to the face".  As already stated, there are many reasons why they might not have invited you.  I wouldn't take it too personally unless there are other
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I think I'd be upset, too.  But this is the quandary with showers:  You invite someone and you risk looking gift grabby (for various reasons), you leave them out and you risk hurt feelings.  Sometimes this puts the hostess and/or Guest o

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sometimes the people throwing the shower aren't given a guest list by the mom to be. Especially if its someone like a cousin throwing a surprise shower they may not even know you guys are close. I have had my feelings hurt when there was a friend having a