Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question about how you bathe your LO?

This is quite possibly a dumb question....I am actually a STM and my oldest DD and now my DS both hated baths with a passion.  Mine both scream bloody murder in the tub as infants.  Baths don't seem to relax them like I see others say so often.  It dawned on me while talking to a friend that maybe I am doing it wrong and thats why my kids hate it???  Her 4 month old is submerged in water when she bathes him...she has the same fisher price mesh bath seat I have.  When I bathe my DS (8 weeks old), I sit him in the seat and just put like 2-3 inches of water in the tub and wet the towel and pour the water over him, etc.  She is saying she fills the water where the seat is under water pretty much and the water goes so high it covers her DDs legs and goes like halfway up her belly so she is actually mostly submerged in the water and staying warm.  Is that what you guys do??? 

Maybe mine scream because they are freezing and this is the magic solution. I keep the bathroom SUPER warm, but they still scream.

Re: Question about how you bathe your LO?

• They could be cold. We used to put a warm wash cloth on their bellies.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I may give that a try first.  Not that I have anything against filling the water up until it covers them halfway....I guess I just never thought about doing it that way!
  • Loading the player...
  • We use the giant bath sponge you just out in the sink and I fill the sink up enough that he's covered in water on his bottom half and a warm cloth over the top half.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I fill the tub up to just below my LO's nipples. I hold his head during most of his bath. He loves it.
  • DD hates baths! And the bathtub for that matter. I tried everything cloth on the belly, different temps on the water, different soaps, music, I bought her a bathing suit thinking maybe she just didn't like being naked (she also at the time screa
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We do like your friend does and my kids usually love it too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • We use a bath pod looks like a bucket, so they are completely submerged. Both have loved it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do like your friend does also.  LO also likes his water really warm.  According to the temp thing on the bathtub, he likes it just this side of to hot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is what I do. I also cover her in a big wash cloth soaked in warm water. I watch her extra carefully to make sure she doesn't slip. She loves it!! I didn't do this the first time she bathed her and she screamed and screamed and it was upsetting for b
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • My girls hated their bath too until I started bathing with them (one at a time). Now they love it. It's a great bonding time for us. I wasn't able to nurse, so I enjoy getting the skin to skin that we don't get bottle feeding.
  • We have a little towel thing shaped like a duck that we keep over her. Body during the bath. We constantly dump warm water over it so she stays warm. She loves it!
  • Some babies just hate baths..mine being one of them. I have tried everything every pp has suggested, and she still cries. If we put her in her baby tub and just let her sit, she's ok (not amused, but not crying) but the moment you try to wash her, she scr

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I still don't do a full blown bath. I get a bowl of warm water and wipe him down every night. I have soap for when he gets "dirty" which at almost 3 months isn't ever...

With my first I was bathing right away and he was never happy no matter h

• We do showers with our little guy, he screamed at the bath.  I hand him to my husband, baby gets a quick scrub and rinse, then he comes back to me.  I wait with a towel, then dry, lotion, and dress him while my husband finishes up.  It save
  • Thanks everyone!! I can't wait to try the warm washcloth and filling the tub up more.  I would be thrilled if he ended up loving a bath! 
  • imagekerbear135:
    Some babies just hate baths..mine being one of them. I have tried everything every pp has suggested, and she still

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• My daughter likes when the water is high enough in the bath to where it covers her ears. She kicks and moves her arms while in the bath, so I think the sound of the water comforts her.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageathomas2424:

This is quite possibly a dumb question....I am actually a STM and my oldest DD and now my DS both hated baths wit

• imageearlyspring1:
    My girls hated their bath too until I started bathing with them (one at a time). Now they love it. It's a great
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • I have always filled the tub under the net part. LO3 LOVES the tub, but fusses like crazy if I don't get the temp just right for her, lol girls! She actually likes it a little warmer than I would generally do.
    Also, make sure the straps are pulled t
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here's what I did with DD. 

Before I put her in the bath I would hold her over the tub and wash her hair, then I would towel dry her hair before putting her in the tub. (If their hair is wet while they are in the tub they can get cold)

<p
  • Probably too cold. I mostly submerge DS and have a water thermometer in the bath- we usually keep it around 95 degrees for bathing.
  • Can you try taking them in the shower with you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"