July 2012 Moms

Tooth/Food question

Might be a dumb question...

So if Zeke gets teeth really late, can I do anything more than purees until then?  I mean he gags on everything that is not completely smooth.  Right now we have no sign of teeth whatsoever.  Still loving his gummy smile.  :)

July 2012 Mom to "Zeke," who has been smiling non-stop
since arriving 10 days late on August 7, 2012.

April 2014 Mom to "Eli" who arrived via scheduled C-section
on March 31, 2014.

Re: Tooth/Food question

• Sadie had "real food" before teeth. They don't really chew much with their front teeth... It's all just gummed as they chew. 

She gagged on stuff at first for a while, but after puffs and mum mums for a bit she got way better at chewing and

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO has 3 teeth, but he doesn't use them for eating because they're all in front.  He's on purees still, but he's really good at gumming his Puffs where his molars will eventually be.  It was about a week and a half of gagging, but he got the
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Milo doesn't have any teeth yet, either. He gums Puffs and Mum Mums without a problem. He's also gummed on celery. Those toothless gums are strong! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Okay, so I guess I just have to get over the gagging thing.  I just feel so bad.  I thought teeth would help some, but like you guys said the front teeth aren't really for eating.

July 2012 Mom to "Zeke," who has been smiling non-stop
    since arriving 10 days late on August 7, 2012.

April 2014 Mom to "Eli" who arrived via scheduled C-section
    on March 31, 2014.
  • image LaBe44a:
    Okay, so I guess I just have to get over the gagging thing.nbsp; I just feel so bad.nbsp; I thought teeth would help some,

"They can never have yesterday"
  • Anna doesn't have any teeth and she eats pretty much everything we eat. She can even eat crackers and cookies.

photo 10645313_10203179001329947_7213078662118091454_n_zps8ad43141.jpg

• J still has zero teeth, but she eats tiny pieces of fruit: mango, peach, and banana, as well as soft cooked carrots, potatoes, and some meats cut very small: sausage, ground beef, ground turkey...

I also give her large pieces of some things to

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image JennMM:
    Anna doesn't have any teeth and she eats pretty much everything we eat. She can even eat crackers and cookies.
    </

• We're still toothless here, but she does eat chunky food and food that we cut up small.  She can mash with her gums so we give her fish, chicken, cucumber slices, etc.
    imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!

Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• My DD started with the puffs...I like them because they dissolve so even if she gags I know that they are dissolving and I'm not so worried about her choking...after having those for a week she was really good at chewing....both my older children didn't g
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards