Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Pillows?

DS is 20 months old and sleeps with a blanket and a stuffed animal.  When he plays "nap", he always grabs a pillow and flops down on it like he's sleeping.  Sometimes when I check on him at night, he is using his stuffed animal as a pillow.  Does anyone have their toddler sleep with a pillow?  What age did you start?
Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks

Re: Pillows?

• I would at that age if he's interested, and it sounds like he is. DD hasn't seemed interested yet, so I haven't tried. I'd try to find a toddler sized pillow as opposed to a full sized one. I can't remember when I started w/ DD1 - but probably somewhere b

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • My DD pretends with a pillow and uses stuffed animals as pillows too but really doesn't seem to have interest in actually having a pillow in her bed.  Until she says she wants one or tries to put one in her crib, I'm not going to bother with it. &nbs
    Married 8/9/08
    Miss Audrey Anne born 5/14/11
    Little Sister Sadie Bernadette born 6/17/14

BFP 3/17/13 *** MMC 5/10/13
  • Our DS who is 20 months sleeps with a pillow pet and he loves it. He started sleeping on it at about 15 months. Although he starts out with his head on it he is never sleeping in his starting position when he wakes up. He is a wild sleeper. I say go for i
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • We have been thinking of getting DD a pillow soon as well. She has a tiny stuffed decorative pillow in her crib and she will sleep on it alot and she LOVES our pillows so we think she would like to have one of her own.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• DS is a little bit younger & we've tried giving him a small stuffed pillow we got as a gift but he is so all over the place at night, he doesn't use it for its intended purpose. Maybe in a few months we'll try again.
    "They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true..
    for in my heart you were right on time." 
    Lilypie - (MSXB)

• We gave DD one at 18 months when she had a bad cold for a little elevation.  We never took it out of her crib.  She just moved into her big girl bed last week (20 months) and uses one there too. 
  • I don't remember the exact age, but I think it was a month or two after his first birthday.  It was one of the mini pillow pets, and we only put it in his crib with him at naptime.  Over time, we started letting him have it in his crib overnight
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Funny..DH and I just talked about this last night! Our DD does the same things! So I think we will be getting her a pillow soon as well!
    Jan 2014 August Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• I gave DS a pillow around 14 months.  I had a hard time finding a flat enough pillow and ended up buying one from Pottery Barn Kids.

DS falls asleep with his head on his pillow every night.  By morning he is pretty far away from his pil

• We do, I'd say around 14 months, he started wanting a pillow.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • We haven't done one with DD yet but i think we will soon. usually the people i talked to said as long as they were walking well to go for it.  I think i am going to make her one though, that way i can make it the size and flatness that i'd prefer.&nb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

" an angel saw in the book of life my baby to be birthed, she whispered as she closed the book, " to beautiful for earth".

• DD started doing exactly what you described - flopping around with a couch pillow whenever I'd mention naps - about three months ago, around 16 months, I'd say. 

I had this really old super flat twin sized pillow, so I started letting her s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD is 18 mo and has started bunching up her blanket to use as a pillow. We recently had her well baby check, and pedi said there is no risk of SIDS anymore, and use of a pillow is okay. So, I just ordered a toddler pillow off Amazon- we'll see if she li
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards