Baby Names

Veda

I'm watching the movie My Girl and I couldn't help but wonder what all of your thoughts are on the name Veda? I've always loved the name since I first saw this movie back when I was a kid.

Re: Veda

• I like it, but I don't know how much of that like is just because I love the movie so much. :)
  • I really like it but it will stay a GP since it also reminds me of Vader
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I like it a lot. I considered it for awhile. I like the spelling you referenced better than the movie spelling "Vada".
  • I absolutely love Veda!
    BabyFetus Ticker Expecting our first bundle of joy November 3, 2013. Married my main squeeze September 14, 2012.
  • We have a  little girl in the daycare I work at named that but spelled Vayda, I like it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree w/ pp that it reminds me too much of Darth Vader.

But then, I live in Boston. There is very little difference between the pronunciation of Vada and Vader around here.

• I love this name because of the movie My Girl
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ddp71ddp71 member
    I absolutely LOVE the name Veda, I also watched My Girl when I was a kid.  I always had it in my mind for a baby.  However, my husband does not like the name so I have had to give it up as an option :( 
  • I don't care for it, sorry.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love the name! However I would always think "My Girl" if I met a Veda IRL. 
  • I think the Vada spelling makes more sense, but I think it's a cute name.  Coincidentally, if this LO is a boy his name will be Thomas Jay (family names).  Everyone's bringing up the My Girl references to me.  It's such a good movie, I don'
    photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love this name. I think it means 'knowledge' in Sanskrit, which just adds to its allure for me. I'm having a boy though :/
  • It's actually Vada in the movie.  I adore that movie.  But the name is nms.

• Yes, as PP said, it's Vada in the movie. It's actually on my long list (because of the movie) and I love it. But it will always be a GP name for me, I think.

When I first read the subject of your post, I didn't know if you were pronouncing the na

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I know a Vada and I like it!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Veda was our #1 name for a girl, but we had a boy. If we have another and it's a girl, she will likely be Veda. It is also my great aunt's name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"