Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation test kit question

I ordered ovulation test kits from early-pregnancytest.com The directions clearly state that a positive result is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line.

My first month trying it, I got a good clear positive result. Did the deed 2 days before and then during ovulation-not pregnant.

This month, I took the test again just to make sure I ovulated around the same time. Every test gave me the 2 lines but they were never as dark or darker than the control line. And as days past, the line got lighter to almost complete white. We still did the deed every single day those weeks.

Does that mean I didn't ovulate? Or maybe my urine was a little diluted, though I'm always careful. Has this happened to you? I'm getting a little worried as we're going on the 8th month of trying....

October Siggy Challenge, Halloween
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ovulation test kit question

• Are you testing more than once a day?

Since you've been trying for 8 months already, have you tried charting your BBT and CM as well?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    image image
    imageClick here to find out more about lung cancer!image
    Click here to go to the Bump Board Glossary
    Click here to go to the TTGP Blog!

TTGP 2012 Award for Best Screen Name
    TTGP 2013 Award for Best Advice

TTGP 2014 Award for Sweetest Bumpie
  • I never get positive OPKs but I do ovulate. The only reason I know I ovulate is because I started temping. Well that and my three daughters haha. Were you testing multiple times a day? You could have just missed your surge. If this isn't your month I sugg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! I do get the fertile cm around my ovulation day, I just wanted to make sure (my mind plays tricks on me now that I want a baby!). I do only test once due to Husband's work schedule. I think it is indeed time to start temping! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're not already, I would suggest charting your BBT as well as using the OPKs, that way you can confirm that you ovulated.  With OPKs, even a positive doesn't guarantee that you actually ovulate, it could sometimes just mean that your body "gear
  • image ALE515:
    Thanks! I do get the fertile cm around my ovulation day, I just wanted to make sure (my mind plays tricks on
    TTC #1 My Chart

Off BCP 9/12 Temping/OPKs 10/12
    3 Cycle of Femera + IUI=BFN
    Injects + IUI #4=BFN
    IVF #1 April/May 2014= BFN, heartbroken. 6 Frosties
    May/June 2014 FET = canceled. Polyps found on Saline Sonogram
    Hysteroscopy 5/27
    August 2014 FET #1= BFP 8/29/14 EDD 5/12/15, CP 9/3/14 
    September 2014 FET #2= BFP 9/30 EDD 6/14/15  CP 10/8/14

You are my favorite dream. 

• image jordanm24:
    If you're not already, I would suggest charting your BBT as well as using the OPKs, that way you can confirm that y
  • image ALE515:
    Thanks! I do get the fertile cm around my ovulation day, I just wanted to make sure (my mind plays tricks on
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    image image

• image ALE515:
    I do only test once due to Husband's work schedule. 

What does this have to do with anyt

image  image  image

CFNBC as of August 2013. TTC since October 2011. PCOS, single fallopian tube. HSG showed tube was blocked (this is but one reason why you undergo testing BEFORE starting fertility meds, kiddos). Diagnosed with stage IV ALK+ adenocarcinoma of the lung in August of 2013. Metastases in liver, bone and brain (as of 5/2014). 1st chemotherapy treatment failed, hospitalized in November-December 2013. Started clinical trial drug in December, disease in lung is significantly less, and is stable as of May 2014. Brain tumors found during May 2014 MRI. Radiation therapy (CyberKnife) started 6/24/2014-7/9/2014 (all done!). CT 7/15 showed progression of disease in lung and liver (liver, significantly) so IV chemotherapy will begin 7/23/2014. Chemo Cycle #2 started 8/22.  Chemo Cycle #3 started 9/11. Cycle #4 started 10/2. Brain MRI 10/9. Chemo Cycle #5 -CANCELLED- due to progression of disease in liver and bone (hip). New regimen TBD.

• What all PP's have said. It's very possible that you are missing your surge. Surge length varies person to person & cycle to cycle. I test twice a day. Remember that you have 24-48 hours after the surge is detected before ovulation, so you don't ne

June '15 October siggy challenge 
    Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth, born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, Beta #1 13dpo=77.5, #2 16dpo=176, #3 20dpo, 1093, 5+6 hb detected 99 bpm!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimageimage
  • image mrsashleyk:
    image MeatandBan
  • image ALE515:
    image mrsashleyk:</s
  • image ALE515:
    image ALE515:</stron
  • image ALE515:
    image mrsashleyk:</s
    TTC #1 My Chart

Off BCP 9/12 Temping/OPKs 10/12
    3 Cycle of Femera + IUI=BFN
    Injects + IUI #4=BFN
    IVF #1 April/May 2014= BFN, heartbroken. 6 Frosties
    May/June 2014 FET = canceled. Polyps found on Saline Sonogram
    Hysteroscopy 5/27
    August 2014 FET #1= BFP 8/29/14 EDD 5/12/15, CP 9/3/14 
    September 2014 FET #2= BFP 9/30 EDD 6/14/15  CP 10/8/14

You are my favorite dream. 

• LC80LC80
    First Comment

According to a site "<span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:18px;orphans:auto;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;

• image ALE515:

Also I did.'t have that many tests to do more than once. 

Buy Wondfos on Amazon.

image  image  image

CFNBC as of August 2013. TTC since October 2011. PCOS, single fallopian tube. HSG showed tube was blocked (this is but one reason why you undergo testing BEFORE starting fertility meds, kiddos). Diagnosed with stage IV ALK+ adenocarcinoma of the lung in August of 2013. Metastases in liver, bone and brain (as of 5/2014). 1st chemotherapy treatment failed, hospitalized in November-December 2013. Started clinical trial drug in December, disease in lung is significantly less, and is stable as of May 2014. Brain tumors found during May 2014 MRI. Radiation therapy (CyberKnife) started 6/24/2014-7/9/2014 (all done!). CT 7/15 showed progression of disease in lung and liver (liver, significantly) so IV chemotherapy will begin 7/23/2014. Chemo Cycle #2 started 8/22.  Chemo Cycle #3 started 9/11. Cycle #4 started 10/2. Brain MRI 10/9. Chemo Cycle #5 -CANCELLED- due to progression of disease in liver and bone (hip). New regimen TBD.

• image ALE515:

Like I said before, We still do the deed every day though. We don't risk it and do it every other day... 

<

image image

• image CLECyclist:
    image ALE515:</s
  • image slappalicious:
    image ALE515:
     image  image  image

• image ALE515:
    image mrsashleyk:</stron

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards