May 2013 Moms
Options

Car seat base installation question

I drive a 2010 Jeep Liberty, and the car seat latches are only for the two window seats.  We have a Chicco Keyfit, which won't allow us to use the two inside latches (which I know is wrong anyways) to place it in the center.  So our options are to use the seat belt to latch the base into the center seat, or use the car's latches and place it in a window seat.   I am definitely leaning towards doing the center seat with seat belt attachment but just curious what others have done or will do in this situation.  Thanks!

Re: Car seat base installation question

• Options
    I know it's recommended to put the seat in the middle, but we put DS behind the passenger seat. It allowed easier access to him, and we could position a mirror so we could see him in the review mirror. I don't think the middle would be convenient for gett
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually have no idea but I know when I went to pre-register at the hospital, they told me to go to the local fire department and they can assist in making sure your car seat base is installed correctly.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the middle because it was safest. Even if we couldn't use the latch, we still would have put it there. No problems with convenience, it was actually nice to be able to brace myself on the seat.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I have an '08 liberty and a keyfit 30. We installed the seat in the middle. I don't think it will be too difficult to move the baby in and out considering the height and width of the liberty. We haven't had the seat inspected yet, but
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I'd do the center seat for sure.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We put DD on the passenger side because I could not lift her into the middle seat of my SUV. This baby is also going on the passenger side and DD is behind the driver because my carseats will not fit beside each with one in the middle.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    The seatbelt is just as safe as LATCH, I would put it in the middle with the seatbelt.

• Options
    I put my first in the middle because it?s the safest...but then when my second came along I put both of them on the sides.  So if it?s a lot easier for you to put him on the side, just imagine LO is your second and then you won?t feel bad.  lol
    Baby #3 on the way!
  • Options
    I put DS in the middle of both my SUV and DHs little car with seatbelts & it was pretty easy because the base had a lockoff for seatbelt installations. However, I did ended up putting his convertable behind me, because I was already pregnant. Latch insta
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I drive a Focus and we don't have a middle seat- so DD has always gone on the side behind the driver. When DD 2 comes along, she'll go on the other side.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't oblivious to some information that makes one of these harmful to the baby. I think we'll stick with the middle seat, but I know I can always easily switch it too.  
  • Options
    DS is in the middle, I have heard that it is the safest, 2nd safest is drivers side b/c of instinct say if someone was coming at you your instinct is to swerve the other way and the person coming at you would hit you on the passenger side...that made sens

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Keyfit 30s and will have to put one behind the driver and one in the middle.  When we tried them out to see if they fit we were actually able to get the one in the middle in tighter with the seatbelt than the one with the Latch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Center with the seatbelt.  You can get just as tight of a fit with the seatbelt as long as it is installed correctly.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"