Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How to diaper a freshly circ'd boy...

I need some help. LO was c irc'd yesterday so he's still pretty raw. He keeps peeing out of his diaper. The nurse told us to point his penis down, but that looks so painful since he's still so raw. Any other suggestions? 
Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to diaper a freshly circ'd boy...

• Are you using gaze and plenty of vaseline?  I wouldn't worry about it hurting if you point his penis down.  The nurse told us that putting the diaper on tightly applies pressure which is a good thing.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are being Very generous with the Vaseline. I guess you're right about the tight diaper. Well try pointing down with the next change. Thanks! 
    Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Always point the penis down! I didn't figure that out for a couple weeks! Now it's routine for me to sing-song 'point the penis down' when I'm closing up John's diaper (can't wait until I'm not thinking and sing it in public, lol!)

We used a lot

image     image

image image image
                                                                    Sept14 April Sig Challenge - Favorite Fairy Tale
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We were having trouble with LO leaking through his diapers too. A friend suggested that because the Vaseline is moisture barrier the diapers wasn't as absorbent. Seems logical and sure enough as soon as the two weeks were up and we quit the Vaseline we ha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image trombgirl:

Always point the penis down! I didn't figure that out for a couple weeks! 

We

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• What procedure did your doctor use? Ours used the plastibell procedure and it LOOKED horrible, but didn't seem to cause DS much, if any, pain. 

Do what they suggested! Pressure is good, and ALWAYS point the penis down! ;) 

EDD 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I found a way to kind of use the Vaseline to stick his penis down. I would use a generous amount and just kind of stick it to his testicles. Seemed to work great and didn't seem to bother him at all.
    TTC #1 10/2011 || Diagnosed PCOS 5/2012 || SA - Normal! || HSG - Clear!
    Starting Metformin 5/2012
    BFP 6/25/2012!! EDD 3/7/2013!! IT'S A BOY!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image lazydaisy22:
    We were having trouble with LO leaking through his diapers too. A friend suggested that because the Vaseline is m

imageimage
    Our Rescue Kitties & Parents are SO embarrassing!

MINE

• Definitely gently point it down!  We also used the Babyganics healing protective ointment (not a fan of Vaseline/petroleum) with my DS 3 years ago and it healed quick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker