May 2011 Moms

In between sizes?

I feel like DD is at such an awkward pant size right now.  She's outgrowing 18-24 month pants in length but then the 2T ones are super long.  She has Children's Place leggings in 2T that fit great, but the jeans in that size are HUGE.  It's so frustrating trying to find her pants!  What are your kids wearing that you like?

Married 8/9/08 *** Miss Audrey Anne born 5/14/11
image     image
BFP 3/17/13 *** MMC 5/10/13
BFP 10/14/13 *** EDD 6/27/14 - Keep growing, baby girl!!

Re: In between sizes?

• Ugh same here. He's always been on the small side but pants are awkward because we need to go up a size due to the cloth diapers so they are always very long!

1824 on Baby Gap are a little tight but 2T are big and super long! On shirts he is still on 1824 even some 1218 still fit, a bit snug but they still fit.
  • Same here with the Baby Gap!  She has a couple pairs of 2T Baby Gap skinny jeans that she wears but only because they have the adjustable waistband and I can roll the up. 

image     image
  • Apparently we are super tiny over here.  DS is just finished outgrowing all his 12-18mo stuff and is in his18-24mo.  We have nothing 2T.  Although we do have a pair of 3T pjs from The Gap that fit quite nicely.  I don't understand how they fit their pyjamas.
    Lilypie - (L4SA)
    Lilypie - (I4o1)
  • I have a tall skinny girl 24 month pants are like capris on her. 2T fit great for length but are always falling off (even with her cloth diapers). None of our jeans are adjustable. I guess I should see if I can find the adjustable waist. Although I'm having the opposite problem with baby sister. She is short and fat. She is currently wearing 12 month pants because those are the only ones that fit her waist but they are way too long. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Alyssa_zps5e8eee59

Audrey

imageimageimageimage

• DD is wearing 12-18 months but they are starting to get to short the problem is they are too big for her I am glad summer is coming so she can be ok in capris and shorts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just finished packing away the 18-24 month clothes except the jeans. I am still having him wear a few that fit longer but mostly he is in 2T pants for the length but I try to find the waistbands that can be adjusted so to fit his tiny waist. He is in 2T and 3T shirts though because he has broad shoulders and chest.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • DS is an awkward size too... 12 month still fits his skinny little waist! We have him in 18 month for length, but that'll be too short soon. Luckily, we've found some brands of pants wrangler jeans that have an adjustable waistband. That's been a lifesaver!
  • image jg_girl1:
    I have a tall skinny girl 24 month pants are like capris on her. 2T fit great for length but are always falling off (even with her cloth diapers). None of our jeans are adjustable. I guess I should see if I can find the adjustable waist. Although I'm having the opposite problem with baby sister. She is short and fat. She is currently wearing 12 month pants because those are the only ones that fit her waist but they are way too long. 

Definitely try to find some of the adjustable waist ones!  They're awesome.  On the inside of the waistband, there's a button and elastic on each side that you pull and button for the right fit.  Baby Gap toddler sizes all have the adjustable waist (and I can usually find a pair or two on the clearance rack) and the other pair we have is some random brand that I found at TJMaxx.  I believe that Children's Place has some too. 

As for the younger one, I'm not so sure about that since DD has always been skinny.  I did find the Circo (Target brand) stuff to be more short and wide.  It never fit DD right.

image     image
  • I'm not sure if it's the same for girls but DS has a bunch of Oshkosh jeans that are adjustable.  I know one pair came from Costco.
    Lilypie - (L4SA)
    Lilypie - (I4o1)
  • My sweet Caroline is a tall, full-figured girl.  2T in Gymboree but 3T in Children's Place.  ;-)
  • Mine is at that stage also. She wears a lot of leggings and at the moment she is still wearing her 18 mo jeans, even if they are a little short. It is still cold here in Michigan so I can't really get out her summer clothes yet. I am thinking though that I will have her wear her 18 mo summer clothes (that I have not yet even gotten in to) mostly because those won't look too short and will fit her waist and then also just go through the 24 mo stuff and see what she can use before fall.
  • DD has like, 4 pairs of jeggings. She has a super tiny waist, but she is tall. They're the only jeans that fit her right. Plus they go with everything!
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 **