1st Trimester

Second child . . . how hard IS it?

Hi Ladies...

So, I have a 13 month old boy - he is a sweet boy and really well behaved, aside from his few little ticks lol. Anyways, I just found out baby #2 is on the way (yay!!) and will be arriving in October, which will give me a 20 month old and a newborn . . .

anyone been in my shoes? How hard is it? any tricks/tips?

I know I am going to love it, but just curious what I am getting into :) 

Kade's Mama *All Natural/non-medicated birth with Doula & Midwife*

Re: Second child . . . how hard IS it?

• You will survive! I had a 19 month old dd when my second dd arrived. They love each other! It takes a little while to figure out how to deal with two that young but it will happen!! I wouldn't trade it.
    Learning how to multitask is the key. And whe
  • That is what I figured, Haha. I def am happy that they will be so close when the years pass!!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard. The first six months of having a newborn and a 2 year old was ridiculous. Now, they're 2 and 4, and it's fun.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • So this is exactly how close my boys are (now we have a third on the way that will be 22 months after our second.)   I know this sounds crazy... but two close in age is the best thing that ever happened for us!  I personally feel like 2 is SO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine are 17mos apart and that was a challenge because DD didn't understand how to play safely with DS. Get the oldest involved with caring for baby: bringing you a blanket or diaper or clothes. Now things are smooth and I'm worried about transitioning to
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Same here! Due October and DD will be 21 months old. I've been lurking the 2 under 2 board.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 2 are 15 months apart and they have their spats as all siblings do but for the most part they are great together. In the beginning it was very easy but as DS approached 1 and started pulling hair it was.. crazy. Once that phase passed things calmed dow
  • Oh thank God, I'm not the only one. DS is 18 months old and I just found out we are expecting baby #2. I'll be due in November when I'm turning 27 and DS is 26 months old. I also work a full time and part time job. I have no idea how I am going to manage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelovelyAngelique:
    Same here! Due October and DD will be 21 months old. I've been lurking the 2 under 2 board.
    </BLOCKQUOTE
  • imageerbear:
    It's hard. The first six months of having a newborn and a 2 year old was ridiculous. Now, they're 2 and 4, and it's fu
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"