May 2013 Moms

Swelling...

I know swelling feet is normal in pregnancy....

(I have an appt tomorrow so we'll see what going on) BUT my left is significantly more swollen than the right. It's been like this for 2 weeks now. 

I brought it up at my last appointment and she said it could be from favoring one side to sleep on so I've been making sure I switch sides. I'm drinking even MORE water, watching my salt/sodium intake, epsom salt baths and  trying not to "sit" but rather do some walking and lying down. Nothing is working and it got worse yesterday and is the same today.

At my last appointment my blood pressure was higher than normal, it's always been really good but she said not to worry unless it becomes a pattern. AND I gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

So now I'm freaked out that I might have Pre-E!

Has/Is anyone dealt/dealing with swelling and Pre-E?  

PS: Dr. Google can really mess with your head.

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Swelling...

• I swelled up really badly with my first pregnancy. They tested me for pre-e and I did not have it. I was retaining water, however, and it did not matter how much water I drank. It went away the week after my son was born. Some women swell with pregnancy a
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I could have written this post. My right ankle is swelling more than my left, and my weight will fluctuate by 5 lbs within a few days. My doctor's appointment is today. Thank goodness you have one tomorrow. I've tried not to google symptoms, but it's s

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me with my first and had to do with LO's position.  I got tested for pre-e at the time, but since that was normal, they determined it was just the baby's position.  GL!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this problem with my last pregnancy. Because it came on suddenly they checked for a blood clot in the leg that was swelling. After that came back with nothing they determined that it was the baby favoring that side. It lasted another week or so then
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• LoALoA member
    This was such a concern for me with my first pregnancy... They treated it like a normal thing, and I wonder still if something may have been wrong; especially since I have pretty much no swelling yet in this pregnancy!

Although, I will say
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"