February 2013 Moms

Urethra Issues

Sorry if TMI... I am having intermittent pain in my urethra, usually during/after urination or after prolonged sitting. It is a combination of burning and heavy pressure, plus I feel like I have to pee all the time even after just going. I called my doctor last Friday and they prescribed me antibiotics in case it was a UTI but I didn't actually get tested or speak to the doctor, just left a message with the advice nurse.

For several reasons I have not started the antibiotics yet, but I am now thinking I may not actually have a UTI. When I used a mirror to look...eek!... I saw a small reddishpurple bulge just inside my very enlarged urethral opening... Has anyone else had this? I have looked online and seen similar descriptions for urethral caruncles and urethral prolapse, but I am trying not to freak out. I had a very long labor and actively pushed for three hours, a second degree tear, and I also had a catheter after delivery to empty my bladder and am wondering if it is trauma from the prolonged pushing or catheter itself. I am going to reach out to my doctor again, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks for any input!

Re: Urethra Issues

• I had C section, so I didn't push, but I did have a catheter and had a lot of the same symptoms about a week PP. It turned out I had two infections, one that was harder to treat than the other. Don't freak out just yet, get into the doctor for a urine tes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Eleanor Louise is going to be a big sister!
     BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sounds exactly like me, 23 hour labor 3 hours of pushing, cath. and I had a 8lb 15oz baby. I had tons of pressure about a week after, it hurt to sit on the toilet I would be at the point of tears. I went in to my midwives because I thought I might have a
                     Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                     Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 
  • At almost 6w pp I'm still dealing with infections. First a kidney infection now a bladder infection. I would ask for a culture because I ended up needing a strong antibiotic to deal with the particular bacteria. Hope you feel better soon!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • image JohnaDouglas:
    Sounds exactly like me, 23 hour labor 3 hours of pushing, cath. and I had a 8lb 15oz baby. I had tons of pressur
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • I had that and still sometimes do 4wks pp my doctor told me to use my peri bottle while peeing, seemed to do the trick.
  • I had a lot of pressure down below last week too. I also looked with a mirror and had a similar bulge like you described. I freaked a little, because I thought I had a slight vaginal prolapse. A week later, and the pressure is gone. I would suggest talkin
                  imageimage
    Homebirthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, young mama to two beautiful babies
    and married to my best friend in the world.
    imageimage