C-sections

RCS

I am wondering if anyone has any literature on rcs for the 3rd or possibly 4th baby. I just found out today that as of right now (28 wks) my baby is measuring to large to remain a candidate for VBAC. We really want 4 kids but 4 cs seems like a lot. A google search isn't giving me good results.

Thanks in Advance. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: RCS

• I had my 3rd c/s in August.  Everything went very smoothly.  I have two friends having a 4th this year and both of their doctors are fine with it, as well.  Obviously every body is different, and it's a decision only you and your doctor can make .... but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it being an issue.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:
    I had my 3rd c/s in August.  Everything went very smoothly.  I have two friends having a 4th this year and both of their doctors are fine with it, as well.  Obviously every body is different, and it's a decision only you and your doctor can make .... but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it being an issue.

This! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my mom had four sections and everything is fine.  I have had two and I would like to have more children.

Typically the dr. will tell you after delivery after each child whether or not they think you can carry another child based on scar tissue etc.   

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • 28 weeks seems really early to be estimating a baby's birth weight. Is it possible to get another opinion about VBAC? Like PP said, it's sort of a "wait and see" thing with 3+ RCS.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagenosoup4u:
    28 weeks seems really early to be estimating a baby's birth weight. Is it possible to get another opinion about VBAC? Like PP said, it's sort of a "wait and see" thing with 3+ RCS.

This.  You still have a lot of time for the growth to even out and big baby =/= no VBAC from what I have read unless it is a stipulation of your OB. 

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • imagemlf625:
    I had my 3rd c/s in August.  Everything went very smoothly.  I have two friends having a 4th this year and both of their doctors are fine with it, as well.  Obviously every body is different, and it's a decision only you and your doctor can make .... but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it being an issue.

This, except I had a 4th c-section end of September. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imagenosoup4u:
    28 weeks seems really early to be estimating a baby's birth weight. Is it possible to get another opinion about VBAC? Like PP said, it's sort of a "wait and see" thing with 3+ RCS.

I have to go back in 6 weeks to make the final say but they said if the baby continues to grow at this rate, it'll make me ineligible. maybe because i'm smaller? i'm 4'11'' and DS was 8 lb 13 oz and ended up as an unplanned c/s because he wasn't decending even after a couple hours of pushing. (and 32 hours of labor) they were also worried about his shoulder breaking..

I'll talk to my actual OB on monday and I trust her opinion way more than the u/s doctor that i saw (not a tech she's an actual dr) but i just wanted to hear some opinions before going in. :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"