Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Started pushing bottles away and not wanting to drink?

DS for the past few days has been drinking maybe half his bottle and then pushes it away or starts hitting it. I will try burping him and giving more an he akes a few more sips the does the same. I hav to wait maybe 20 minutes th e will sometimes finish. Today I swear he didn't want to drink because he couldn't see his feet that way. He drank about 5.5 oz of his 8 oz bottle then I gave up. He kept pushing it away, trying to stand, grabbing for his feet, playing with bib, etc. now he's happy in hs bouncy grabbing his feet.

Do they go through a stage where they get too distracted to eat? It's been 4 hours since his last bottle and we only do a tiny bit of fruit or veggie once a day, so he must be hungry......

Re: Started pushing bottles away and not wanting to drink?

• Options

imagekbruington:
    Not sure how old your baby is but my son went through this. He still won't sit on my lap to drink a bottle anymore and drinks about half of it, goes to play, comes back for a few more sips, etc. If he's hungry he will eat :)

He is a little over four months. He recently has been quite interested in his feet LOL. It's like he's too curious to focus and eat. I used to feed him in the living room before bed but have to do to in his dark room now, otherwise he will his turn his head to find DH and smile at him to get DH to play with him, which makes it worse....

• Options

My LO is 4.5 months and she is doing the exact same thing.  Although she is also teething so I think that has something to do with it too.  She just recently realized she has feet and all she wants to do is play with them.  But this pushing away the bottle behavior is irritating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD does this while BFing. She stops to touch my face or smile at me or look around at anything else that is going on then all the sudden dive bombs back to my boob! Also the nursing cover is just about impossible to use anymore. She just wants to play with it instead of eating :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad others are having these issues. DD is doing the same thing, I do find it helps tons to go into a quiet room without any distractions (no tv, dogs, DH, ect).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS2 has been at this stage for the last month or so. Like one mom said, when LO is hungry he WILL eat. For the past month and a half or so we go more off of DS2's hunger cues than keeping track of how many hours it has been since he last ate. FWIW DS2's most recent bottle, he only ate 2 oz and he doesn't seem hungry or anything and that was over 2 hours ago! He's happily playing with his big brother!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"