Breastfeeding

What formula to supplement?

I can't keep up with my 8 month olds demand.  What formula would you recommend to help supplement?  My DD gets constipated easily and takes Miralax daily (and still poops every 4-5 days), so nothing that is known to constipate. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What formula to supplement?

• If ur LO is not sensative to dairy, just go with the regular Similac or enfamil type. Keep in mind though that formula tends to be quite binding so if baby is already having problems, adding formula to his diet may make it even worse. My ped recommended a little bit of karo in the bottle if things get too bad. The last thing you want is baby being scared to have a bm because it hurts. Then you would be opening up a whole new set of problems!!
  • I would say enfamil gentlease. Target has their version and it's much cheaper. One of my friends used gerber good start and really liked it.

If baby is on solids, can you try prunes every other day? What about a probiotic?

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  She gets prunes everyday, but I never tried probiotics.  Worth a try, thanks!
  • My kids are allergic to enfamil. We use Gerber Goodstart. They love it but It really depends on the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"