Health & Exercise

Jawbone Up vs. Nike Fuelband (XP)

Does anyone have either of these bad boys? Reviews? I'm leaning towards getting myself the Jawbone Up for my birthday but I'm looking for similar products to make sure I'm getting the right thing. I don't have any other Nike+ products so I don't know if the Fuelband would be worthwhile for me unless I drop another chunk of money on Nike gadgets.

Tell me what to buy. Thankyouandgoodday. 

Re: Jawbone Up vs. Nike Fuelband (XP)

• I have the fuelband (and the Nike+ Sportwatch).  I really like it, no problems.  It monitors steps, calories burned, etc.

Googling the Jawbone Up, it appears that it works primarily with your smartphone (which I do not have).  It also says you can track your calories which the fuelband does not offer.

• Thanks! With the Fuelband, do you have to have the Sportwatch and/or other Nike gear for it to work? I guess I could also Google. <- Lazy
  • I was a big fan of the Bodybugg but am in the market for something new because I don't want to pay a monthly subscription fee anymore.  I researched the two you mentioned and the Fitbit Ultra.  If you're goal is to count calories and keep a food log, I would go with either the FIbit or the Jawbone Up.  Personally, I decided to get the Fitbit because it's most similar to the Bodybugg.  The Nike Fuel Band is less accurate than the others regarding tracking calorie burn and is geared more towards just overall motivation/competition with friends.  Conduct a Google search of Nike Fuel Band vs. [Jawbone Up or any of the others] and you will find quite a few reviews.  It should really help because they do a pretty thorough breakdown of how each works, the related software, cost, etc.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • image buffaluffagus:
    Thanks! With the Fuelband, do you have to have the Sportwatch and/or other Nike gear for it to work? I guess I could also Google. <- Lazy

Nope, each work independantly.  I had the Sportwatch first.

• I really like the up, but did not research the nike band. 

I enjoy tracking sleep and steps, I do not track calories with it.  

• As a follow-up, I bought the Up and returned it the same day. The food tracking was lackluster and since I'm a calorie counter, I found it to be pretty inaccurate. Also, it died on me the same day I got it. Not like the battery died, but instead the unit died a sudden and tragic death.

I'm putting this on hold until the new Fitbit comes out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards