March 2013 Moms
Options

Why won't she drop?

I am due Friday (3/15) and my LO is still sky high and shoving her butt into my rib cage all day long.  Haven't lost my MP, not having contractions...  I think she is never going to come out... I know I should be patient but I wish there were some progress, any, at all, like a small drop so that I can catch my breath, or maybe a little less acid reflux, is that too much to ask?  Ok, I will stop with the venting.  I hope most of you are more comfortable than me at 39 weeks.   

Re: Why won't she drop?

• Options
    I will be 39 weeks on Monday. The nurses this week told me how much I had dropped but it seems like at night LO is way high again. I hope he is not shifting back and forth and thats my labor still has not come. Good luck! I hope we both have LOs soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im a FTM also due on Friday. The Dr said I have dropped but honestly I cannot tell a difference. LO still seems high to me with her butt in my ribs, acid reflux and all. The only difference I can tell is that I pee way more. Maybe some people just drop differently..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've read/was told that it's very different for all women. Some drop a month before expected labor, some 2 weeks, some are even a few days or the night before. It can vary. Don't get too hung up or worried about it. :) 
    March 16th :)
  • Options
    Im in the same boat except I'm due Tuesday. Per my doctor basically, my LO is doing handstands... She is using her hands to PUSH herself back up against the BH contractions that are trying to get her into place, using my pelvic bones as support. I can actually feel it when shes doing it. Holy crap what a determined baby. My dr is already talking induction bc I have zero progress, nothing doing at all. I'm trying to be patient bc I personally don't want an induction, and if I have to do one I won't do it before 41.5 weeks, as long as LO is doing fine.

So right now I'm trying not to stress, and to convince her to come on out by doing every wives tale I can't think of. Except castor oil, I have my limits!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm due Saturday and I feel like he's in for the long haul too!!! I've had no BH at all, no contractions, no lost plug, no "signs" that he is coming. All my friends and co-workers tell me that I look like I have dropped a lot over the last week but to me I look the same. I'm getting very anxious that he is going to be late/i'll need to be induced. I know that I should calm down and just know it'll happen when it is supposed to happen but I'm tired of being pregnant, I'm tired of working pregnant (chasing around toddlers 2-3 years old), tired of my co-workers saying to me everyday "You're still here!!", all my realtives calling and asking if I've had the baby (Yes, mom I did, 2 days ago, I just figured I wouldn't call you!!!) I really want to meet this little man!!! Oh well, It'll be worth all the wait in the end!!! Hang in there!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageehgraf80:
    I am due Friday (3/15) and my LO is still sky high and shoving her butt into my rib cage all day long.  Haven't lost my MP, not having contractions...  I think she is never going to come out... I know I should be patient but I wish there were some progress, any, at all, like a small drop so that I can catch my breath, or maybe a little less acid reflux, is that too much to ask?  Ok, I will stop with the venting.  I hope most of you are more comfortable than me at 39 weeks.   

im having the same issue. My dr is having me do nipple stimulation 2-3 x's a day. 5 min each. It's helping! 

• Options

imageHeissenbuttel04:
    I'm due Saturday and I feel like he's in for the long haul too!!! I've had no BH at all, no contractions, no lost plug, no "signs" that he is coming.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!  Due next Friday also and absolutely no indication that this baby has any intention of exiting any time soon.  She's still sky high as far as I can tell.  All I've had is what feels like menstrual cramping the last couple of days (but I'm also on Day 3 with no BMs so that could also be causing them). 

If she doesn't hurry herself up, I'm looking at having to have my membranes swept and possible induction :(  Maybe if I start charging her rent while she's in there, she'll change her mind and come on out to meet us all?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageehgraf80:

Exact same boat here, including the ever worsening reflux! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due the 18th and feeling the same. We will get relief soon! hang in there mamas!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"