Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Belly sleeper?

I posted this in my BMB too but I thought I would post here too.

I know everyone pushes the whole "back to sleep" thing but what if the only way we can get Harper to sleep at night is to let her sleep on her tummy? I'm sure it's fine, that's what my parents used to do..... Right? The nurse in me is saying "no! Follow the policy!" And the sleep deprived mom is saying "whatever it takes!!"

Thoughts??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Belly sleeper?

• My DS would only sleep on his belly due to acid reflux. After weeks of no sleep we caved. We let him sleep on his belly and he slept much better. When I told my ped she smiled and although she said back is best she never said stop putting him on his belly. Maybe try it one night and keep a watchful eye.
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • You could always get a snuza monitor for peace of mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yup, go with the Snuza if you're going to have him belly sleep. My son is the same way, and we have one that we use every time he sleeps, but especially if we are going to flip him on his belly because he is fussy and we know that will relax him.  The snuza will go off after a certain amount of seconds if it doesn't feel your baby moving (namely feeling her belly rise and fall, because it clips on the diaper). Sometimes, we do what we have to for survival.
  • DD was the same as the other posts. We tried everything to get her to sleep on her back but nothing we did worked and both my mother and mother in law both said to try because all of their kids slept on their tummies and they survived. While I know there is more research for SIDS, there are some babies that don't follow the rules :)

• You need to do what's right for you, I just know that if anything ever happened I would never be able to live with myself.  I suggest you get a Snuza or an angelcare though if you intend on letting her sleep on her belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ds was the same. I swaddled him and put him on his side in a sleep positioner. When I stoppedx swaddling I let him sleep on his belly.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When my daughter sleeps next to me at night, she's on her back and slightly elevated (she sleeps cradled in my left arm). She likes to nap on her belly, though. I'm constantly checking on her to make sure she's still breathing. She gets a lot of gas and belly sleeping seems to make her feel better. I wish I wasn't so paranoid about her sleep position. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards