TTC after 35

incompetance @ a sperm bank?!

So I've been ttc#2 since my mmc last august. I still had donor sperm left over from when I was ttc my daughter, which I used up just before Christmas. (failed IUI's). During the last cycle I did, I contacted the facility in Canada that imports from the bank in the USA. At that time, the woman told me that she had 5 vials in stock. When that cycle failed I emailed her and asked to purchase 2 more. She told me all 5 had been sold and that she'd have to check with the facility in the USA to find out when more would be released (this donor has been 'retired' due to the number of births). She responded back a few days later by email to tell me that he would not be available again until May 2013, but I would be 'first on the waiting list' for him. Bummer, but there it is right?

So...now fast forward to yesterday. I'm killing some time surfing around the internet & went to the Canadian site only to discover that the donor is still up and listed. Surprised to see this, I 'replied' to her email and asked if he was available again. She said that he is only available for sibling births. My response...um ya...read your own email lady...this would be a sibling birth! Frustrated, I call her directly and ask wtf is going on?! She said I was first on the waiting list and I haven't been contacted? First she said that they had vials in stock that had been 'returned'. But they have a 'no return' policy (which I then question her about). She says, 'oh ya they haven't been returned, THEY'VE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME!'. WHAT? So I've been sitting around waiting for May when I could've been still ttc?

All she says is, "gee, I don't know what I wrote that....sorry". Holy incompetance! I'm quite angry about it of course and SORRY doesn't seem to cut it for me. I haven't gotten any younger these last few months! Of course I've had 2 shipped to me now...but still. I'm choked!

Thanks for listening...just had to vent it out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: incompetance @ a sperm bank?!

• WOW.  That is just crazy.  I would be really upset as well.  I'm glad you got it sorted out!  Something like that would make me really leery about using them.  If it were me I think I would make a formal complaint.  But I'm sure you already have enough on your mind.  Good luck with your next round!
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart

Me:40, DH:39 First miscarriage, age 19, 1992. Lost twin pregnancy resulting in D&C, age 38, 2011. Blighted ovum resulting in D&C, age 39, 2012. Natural miscarriage, age 39, 2012. Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. Still hoping for a healthy pregnancy.
  • what Guennie said!

Glad at least that you will get more of the donor sperm, but that ABSOLUTELY sucks that you have had to wait needlessly!!!

I hope this next round is the one for you good luck to you!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing.