February 2013 Moms

1 oz 1 min

I have over supply issues so I have not been pumping at all. I was so full this morning I decided to pump just for literarly one minute when I let down then stop so the baby won't gag as much. It was 1oz, that just seems crazy. Does that seem so odd, or not too much for oversupply?

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!

Re: 1 oz 1 min

• Sounds like me! I started block feeding and went from filling a 5 oz bottle in 3 minutes to 10-12minutes. I still have a fast letdown though, so he gets a lot really fast.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow.  I can't get 1 oz in 20 min!  I don't know if I should be jealous of or sorry for your poor boobs. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • me either, I can barely get 2 oz in 10 min...and thats only in the right side, the left side is more like .05 oz in 10 min!
  • Yeah i usually get 2 ozs in less than 5 mins from just one boob. My milk comes out super fast and poor DD is always choking and gulping. I usually have to unlatch her and catch the spraying milk in a burp cloth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Seems normal for oversupply, at least in my limited (read: just short of 4 weeks) experience.  If I don't nurse or pump for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, I'll pump ~1 oz from one boob in a minute or two. 

Lately I've also found that I have to use 3 burp clothes when I nurse DD: one for under the boob she's nursing at to catch the milk overflow since she can't swallow it all at first (yay overactive letdown!), one stuffed down the bra at the other boob (otherwise I leak through the nursing pad, the bra AND my shirt), and one to burp DD.  It's ridiculous.  But I guess in the grand scheme of things, not a bad problem to have!

• image Puck1182:

Seems normal for oversupply, at least in my limited (read: just short of 4 weeks) experience.  If I don't nurse or pump for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, I'll pump ~1 oz from one boob in a minute or two. 

Lately I've also found that I have to use 3 burp clothes when I nurse DD: one for under the boob she's nursing at to catch the milk overflow since she can't swallow it all at first (yay overactive letdown!), one stuffed down the bra at the other boob (otherwise I leak through the nursing pad, the bra AND my shirt), and one to burp DD.  It's ridiculous.  But I guess in the grand scheme of things, not a bad problem to have!

I am so glad that I'm not the only one relying on 3 burp cloths, with just one being used for actual burping! Husband somehow manages to keep a straight face while looking at me with that ridiculous get up! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers